Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H400

Announced Feb 13, 2014 •
20 megapixels | 3 screen | 25 – 1550 mm (63.3×)
Phil Edwards

I bought a brand new Sony H400 ( NOT the HX400) in March 2015. (It was to supplement my excellent Sony HX100v). In the year that I've owned the Sony H400 I have had plenty of time to get to know the camera - the good and not so good aspects (I don't want to say "BAD" as on the whole I've found the Sony H400 to be an excellent all-round camera). I'm not a technical person so I will just give a brief review of the good points - and not so good! Good Points:- The camera is great to look at, and ...

PeachyKeen823

I received the Sony DSC-H400 as a gift for Easter 2016.  I was happy initially with it as a great camera to learn manual settings on and tune my photography skills.  However, by December (the first day of a vacation no less) it stopped reading the memory card and I will be in the middle of taking a photo and the menu comes up and changes from Manual to Shutter Speed, Aperture, etc...  So annoying and frustrating.  This camera had not been dropped, very gently used and cared for.  Should NOT ...

countryman john

bought this camera 18 months ago and have had some great pics .its a camera you need to be patient with .images are not consistent but great results are achieveable this is a pic of a hare taken with the sony dsc-h400 not bad for a £150 camera

Jnull91

HX400V is the fourth Sony bridge camera I have bought. I like the SONY look and reputation. (I also have the Sony a77M2). Great zoom lens and many presets, which you can really get into, or just make a couple of settings and shoot away. Great camera.