Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM

Announced Feb 20, 2010 •
Wideangle zoom lens | Canon EF-S, Nikon F (DX), Pentax KAF3, Sigma SA Bayonet, Sony/Minolta Alpha DT | 203
Canon shooter1958

I have to say that I'm really impressed with the IQ this lens produces at all F/L's - I usually use F/8 and hyperfocal focussing for my landscape work to ensure front to rear sharpness. I will be giving it a run out at my next wedding shoot in July. This was taken at 8mm, f/8, ISO 100

First of all, this is an exceptional lens. Not only in the sense that it creates a very high quality picture, but also that it is for specific types of photography. Overall, the Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-f/5.6 is an excellent lens, but not being able to accept filters will be a be a disappointment for some people. I find I get better results using bracketed exposures, but this is more work in post processing that not everyone is willing to do. Strengths: - Ultra wide field of view - Landscapes / ...

solstice

Resolution is astonishing. colors are vivid. No flares. Multi coating is efficient. Worth the price. Put you in a composer mood. Problems: no problems at all.