Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro User Reviews

Telephoto macro prime lens | Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Pentax KAF, Sigma SA Bayonet, Sony/Minolta Alpha
senn_b

I’ve been using this lens on Pentax bodies for years, for outdoor macro and indoor art and still life picturing. Its AF is slower than 105 mm HSM but admirably precise end reliable, also perfectly on a par with it as for the image quality (clarity, colour and detail rendering, sharpness and so on ..) and building robustness. Mounted on my K-5 IIs, it gives impeccable images from centre to corners.

AbstractTim

I was looking for a Nikkor 60mm Micro when I saw the Sigma for £135 at MPB. My thoughts were: "That's cheap, 70mm will be a slightly better portrait length than 60mm, the Nikkor 24-70 f2.8 is a LOT more than £135 and... If I don't like it, I can return it." 2 years later, I still have it.

Trubbtele

Love this lens, so great. STANDS OUT!

7tulips

I use this lens on a Sigma SD1 in the studio environment. I find it to be an excellent macro lens for the purposes of table top, macro and product photography. It is sharp in all corners on my 1.5 sensor size. The only disappointment is the metal lens hood cannot accept the lens cap. Five stars for performance.

MediaArchivist

I gave this lens a "5," but there are a few caveats if you are thinking of buying it. But first the good stuff: it is sharp. It is the sharpest lens I own, just a little more than the 135 STF. The reputation this lens has for corner to corner sharpness is well deserved (I have an APC sensor but I have no reason to doubt the reviews done with full frame sensors). The autofocus is extremely accurate (but see notes below). Even at f/2.8 and near 1:1 magnification, it nails the focus. Manual ...

nikon126

Five Stars for this beauty from Sigma. I was not looking to buy this lens but was offered it for $250 (Retail $499). Man, what a sharp lens. Sharp even at 2.8 from corner to corner. Only a little fall off, but nothing major. At F/3.5 to 11, it shines. I don't do much macro, but I have tried it with this lens and still, it shines. I use it more for portraits. Bokeh is great. Not as creamy as my 85mm 1.8, but close enough and the 70mm translates to 105mm on my D80. Anyway, if you were ...

marzal

I've had this lens for a while now, using on the D200/D300, now sold, now using it on my D700 and the F6. I have found this lens to give great results, corner to corner, the sweetspot is about f8. It is quite a light lens but feels solid. Contrast is good with a good bokeh. If its being used on a DX body Nikon it equates to a 105mm