Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN | C User Reviews

Announced Jun 18, 2020 •
Prime lens | Canon EF-M, Leica TL, Micro Four Thirds, Sony E
Manny Filmmaker

My review is here: https://youtu.be/23rJA3Vvv2A What do you guys think of this lens?

I got this lens a while ago, but i haven't had much chances to put it to a test. In the past month i was finally able to use it and now its almost always on my M5. Yes, its super sharp, i was already aware of this... too sharp perhaps, i see myself having to reduce sharpness/structure because its not flattering to shoot subjects and have their tiny skin imperfections show up. This also means more time in post processing... even my models who are not really tech savvy were surprised at how ...

dave pict99

SIGMA 56mm f1.4 DC DN is a very sharp prime lens. It's not too big or too heavy. It is better than all the Sony native lenses. This is the best protrait lens for APSC camera to my concern. Distortion of the this lens is well controlled and color is better than any other Sony lenses. It is very good in low light situation. Bokeh is fantastic. Auto focus is little bit sluggish.

This has fabulous bokeh, very accurate fast focussing is light and is relatively cheap. The only downside, which is not as much as the 75 Olympus f1.8 (they've identical bokeh if you do the maths) is that indoors it's a bit tight, equivalent of 112mm on full frame. If you really want great portraits, go somewhere where you can use it. It's a brilliant lens.

Hey everyone, I received my copy of this lens yesterday and took it out for a spin. (1) This lens is SUPER sharp, clearly sharper than the 30mm 1.4 (2) Bokeh is lovely, smooth but still has a bit of character (3) Specular highlights produce smooth, onionring-less balls in the background, and get a little lemon-shaped near the edges of the frame

I bought this today based on great reviews. I already have the Olympus 45 f1.8 which is excellent all round. The Sigma is bigger and heavier but quite light for what it does. The sharpness is amazing, wide open as well, edge to edge. The bokeh for what I've tested is excellent. It gives the almost the same actual aperture diameter as the 75 f1.8 at f1.8 and a very slightly bigger aperture at 1.4 than the 45mm f1.2 at f1.2. So it's a match for both in that regard. It's a third of the price of ...