Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM

Announced Jan 15, 2009 •
Lens | Canon EF-S, Nikon F (DX), Pentax KAF3, Sigma SA Bayonet, Sony/Minolta Alpha
Nomad Shooter

I don't spend as much time with my camera as I'd like, but when I do, this lens is the one I use most often. Just recently, I upgraded my Nikon D3100 to a D5300 and found that this lens wouldn't auto focus with the D5300. It worked perfectly with the D3100. The tech at Sigma told me that my lens was an older model, but a firmware upgrade should fix the problem. I paid shipping to them and they updated the lens' firmware and shipped it back to me at no charge. Better yet, it was back in less ...

FractalBuddha

If your camera have more than 11 Mpxl, I think they will be useless with this lens. The picture is not sharp at all at 1:1 zoom. It is less sharp at the edges and it have allot of chromatic distortions. I found the zoom very stiff. It is also relatively heavy. The autofocus is noisy when used in video. I returned it to B and H for a refund. I realized rarely make pictures above 150mm so I buy the 18-105mm Nikon lens. This is a sharp lens.

Karl Scharf

This lens has become my most widely used optic on my Sony a700. It may not be quite as sharp as equivalent zoom and prime lenses, but the outstanding distortion control and range more than make up for this. The macro performance is impressive, and the weight balances nicely with the a700. I just LOVE the optical stabilization when looking through the viewfinder! After further testing, I have found that this lens is much sharper than I ever expected and the bokeh is very nice. Sharp ...