Samsung NX1 User Reviews

Announced Sep 15, 2014 •
28 megapixels | 3 screen | APS-C sensor

I bought the Samsung NX1 about 9 months ago. Rode with motorcycles through Africa and Europe with a Nikon P7700 and wanted something with lenses but still be compact, light and strong. Then this http://www.dpreview.com/products/samsung/slrs/samsung_nx1 little thing came out. I am no professional photographer but this thing seriously impressed me. It lived in my tank bag on my motorcycle for 7 months, through rain,dust, vibrations and everything else. It's intuitive to mobile users and has ...

Pranav Bhasin

Ive recently bought one, and I was a little concerned about the overall feel of it, as well as the UI, Being a canon user. I was not disappointed at all. It feels very durable, and the UI is very smooth, It took me a few minutes to get used to it. Very happy with the camera! I'm hoping samsung keeps improving the camera with new firmware updates :)

As an owner of the GH4 and NX1, this camera time and time again is my go to camera for video and photography. With the latest 1.40 firmware update, this camera has the best auto-focusing I've seen in any mirrorless camera. Yes, the h.265 codec is a drawback, but with RockieMountains Movie Converter, transcoding it is a cinch and provides almost loss-less conversion. The 28 MP image quality is superb for stills. I'd highly recommend this camera!

Having recently returned a SONY RX10MII camera I can pretty confidently state that this is the best combination stills/video camera currently available in the price range of under $3000 cameras. A Sony a7r2 or a7s2 are better but expensive. The Panasonic GH4 can't compete with stills. The canon 7d2 or 5d3 can't compete in video.

Bodhi-U

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117803913@N04/sets/72157650185922895/ Samsung NX1 first impressions From the very first instance upon opening the box, Samsung has made the NX1 a special treat. It isn’t a normal box that opens from the top but more like opening a woman’s facial powder box that one has a top to lift off. There is a very special feel about opening the NX1. Holding the NX1 you immediately feel that it is a substantial and serious camera. There are new buttons and dials that will ...

Replacing my aging Canon EOS Rebel TSi with the NX1 with the 15-50 f/2.8 lens was a night and day experience. I will not go into each of the details about the still camera, as I am still going through the documentation and trying to get all controls set to my liking, but let me tell you - just the fact that I can shoot continuous almost 15 fps at full resolution is a feat only a few pro cameras can even come close to. I shoot mostly tennis events and training materials for juniors and having ...

It's truly unbelievably good what the nx1 can do on high iso's! Been to the christmas market in Kleve (Germany) last night.All pictures ware made with the 16-50mm S f2.0 / f2.8. 5000 to 8000 iso. Samsung NX1 16-50mm S 2.0-2.8 on 50mm JPG Adobe AWB 6400ISO 1/2000 f2.8 Samsung NX1 16-50mm S 2.0-2.8 on 18mm JPG Adobe AWB 8000 ISO 1/40  f9.0