The Ricoh PX is stylish and compact and, in key areas such as image quality and speed of operation, it holds its own with the competition. Its specs are middle-of-the-road for this class but it is is priced very competitively and, ultimately, represents great value considering its performance.
General everyday photography thanks to its small size, stylish design, and above-average image quality.
Low light shooting situations and video.
Ricoh PX review
By: Matt Golowczynski, What Digital Camera (Aug 12, 2011)
The PX is priced and built well for a waterproof compact and it performs to a satisfactory standard in and out of the water, but image noise and the low quality of the camera's LCD screen are the biggest downsides.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%