Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ47 (Lumix DMC-FZ48)

Announced Jul 21, 2011 •
John Beavin

I tried the F 35 and the FZ100 but this little gem outshines them, I use it mainly for birds and occasional trips to the zoo, I like it's fast focus and ease of operation , switching to macro etc is simple and the menu is uncomplicated, I don't miss the swivel screen but wish it had a hot shoe, A really good camera at a reasonable price.

John Beavin

I tried a few cameras before deciding to keep the FZ 47 I hated that toggle switch on the 35 and the 100 did not seem to be up to it. once you get the settings right there is no need for RAW, Who needs a flash shoe or an articulated screen? The image quality is excellent even at extreme zoom making the camera a perfect travel companion.

Miss tilly

Build quality. 9/10 Ease of use. 10/10 Image quality. 9.5/10 Camera snob appeal. 0/10 Just look at real peoples reviews on Amazon. Really a very, very good piece of electronic equipment. I really like this camera. Problems: None

I got both FZ47 and SX40 to chose which one to return after a couple weeks of the trial. I failed to chose ... Well I decided to keep both. I like IQ from both but somehow more like FZ47 overall design better (better, quicker focus too). Only 1 thing I can account on SX40 is better - flip in and out screen. I didn't try FZ150 but FZ47 might have as good or better IQ for much less (due to the same lense/processer). I will give FZ47 strong 5 stars. I still have two FZ30s with fantastic lens on ...

I returned the FZ47K after a week of use. Following is a list of the positive and negative aspects I experienced. Positive: 1. Minimal shutter lag. 2. PASM shooting modes. 3. Burst mode. 4. Wide angle and long zoom lens. 5. Lens accepts affordable 52mm filters. 6. Shoots HD video. 7. Decent battery life for still shooting. 8. Good color reproduction. Negative: 1. Camera locks while writing to card. 2. No physical, hands-on, manual control of lens (for focus and zoom). 3. Tulip shade rarely ...