Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8

Announced Jun 30, 2011 •
Telephoto prime lens | Micro Four Thirds | V311030BU000
mdocod

Optically fantastic. Ridiculously sharp for the price and weight, even open. Perfect light weight prime to take along into the back country on foot. Like many plastic lenses, suffers from shutter shock at lower speeds on some bodies. Use electronic shutter or anti-shock modes to solve.

(1) I can use Low ISO levels @ wide Apertures that I have not done before using my regular Zooms. (2) Very natural Focal length, what I see in my eye falls into this focal range. (3) Great for taking portriats of you husband/wife/GF/BF/or love ones on tables while waiting for food.

IvanPetov

I really cannot understand the praising of this lens. It is certainly good. Very good indeed. Considering the prise about 180 - 200 Euro on Ebay, its also affordable. But it is not a gem. The lens is soft at 1.8. Using it within its sweet spot for portraits defeats its purpose. When I use this lens for portraits I usually use the 2.8 - 4 aperture. In cases where the sharpness is not very important (concerts etc), the lens can shine.

I have a Voigtlander 42.5mm in my kit. Nevertheless, there are frequent times when a manual focus lens is impractical. I got the Olympus 45mm for those occasions. It is a lens that embodies and represents the M43 class of photography. It is a small, light, sharp and reasonably bright lens with quick AF. I find the build quality to be good relative to its cost. I have attached a generic, vented, metal lens hood to mine in order to protect the front element. I can literally toss it in my bag ...

Denis de Gannes

What a superb lens in performing at the ideal range for portrait shots. Nuf said.

Looking at it from this angle you would easily mistake the Olympus 45mm black edition for something that's more expensive, like a Sony Carl Zeiss Plannar 85mm F/1.4. In black it's super shiny and in the black limited edition is very pretty. Along side my Olympus 12mm F/2 all in silver, it's hard to tell which one of these lenses I actually prefer looking at. Announced in the Summer of 2011, this lens has been around a while with its 2x crop factor it comes out at being a 90mm equivalent lens, ...

small,lightweight, pocketable. Crisp sharp, fast, no resonable barrel. My favorite for portraits @ f 2..3.5 with m4/3 counting down is the plastic housing. MINOX did better plastics. I might would give it a 4* if the deco ring would not fall off every now and then. I know it is not a bug, it is a feature, as I can buy a new deco ring.

DavidChong1977

Premium Image Quality, sharp and beatiful color image. Very extrame fast focusing. Can do very well even in macro photography.

1.8光圈下的逆光成像效果不错,稍感偏软,拍摄人像非常讨好眼球。

tinpusher

So small and lightweight you can take it anywhere in a pocket. Optically it's superb and far better than expected for the price. Ideal for portraits but mainly used for landscapes and architecture where it's ideal for isolating detail. A great buy.