Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R User Reviews

Announced Jun 30, 2011 •
Zoom lens | Micro Four Thirds | V314050BU000

The first lens i had on my epl1 failed after just under 3000 shots.Im told there is no diy fix for this problem.lens will work up to about 25mm then fails.I really like this lens as its very sharp and produces useable pics up to a3 size.Just bought another one from Ebay so i shall live in hope.Any one else had this problem !

Marie Meyer

This came as the kit lens with my EM10 Mk IV. They make the perfect combination for walking around. I carry them with  Peak Design Cuff strap and don't bother with a bag. I bought the auto-opening lens cap (LC-37C). At $39, it is worth every penny in terms of enhancing the convenience and ease-of-use of this combo. It is true that one cannot get razor-thin depth of field with the lens. But shoot with it for a day or so and see if you care.

Radical Raul

You can buy these used in excellent condition for $85 all day long. Great lens, stays extremely sharp through it's entire focal range at F5.6 with excellent color retention. Makes for a very light and easy to use camera with the capability of capturing stunning shots.

I just dug out this lens to test against the Olympus f2.8 12 to 40 Pro and my LX100 I had the same settings and the subject was the small writing on a bottle at about 3m with relatively low light. I was completely amazed as the sharpness was almost as good as the f2.8 Pro. I was quite disappointed with my Pana LX100 which didn't compare with either. It's so light and small so I'll be using it from now on instead of keeping it in a dark draw.

DavidChong1977

The picture of this lens is not bad, have fast focus and light weight. Normal wide focus range is 14mm (35mm =28mm), it has 3 convertor can use... MCON-P01 (marco convertor), WCON-P01 (wide convertor), FCON-P01 (fisheye convertor). Inexpensive but they give  quality pic.

rybu

This lens was included with my EPL6 on purchase. Strangely, the camera body would have cost more without the lens. It's a fairly nice basic zoom lens. I think the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ has slightly crisper optics, so for small zoom lenses that's my preferred lens.

This is the usual kit lens for 2011 Olympus PEN cameras (the other, rarer, option being the 17mm prime). In conjunction with the E-P3 and E-PL3 bodies, this lens focuses exceptionally quickly and accurately in most situations. It does struggle a little against featureless backgrounds and in low-light, but this is common to many lenses. The lens is quite sharp, even in the corners. I often use the lens for landscape photography, and when mounted on a tripod with a narrow aperture setting I ...