Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R User Reviews

Announced Jun 30, 2011 •
Telephoto zoom lens | Micro Four Thirds | V315030SU000

This lens is really great, considering price, size and weight! There really is nothing to complain. The best lens is the lens you have in your bag. This lens fits always in your bag !!

imrryr3859

another jewel in the M4/3 world. this is not the best telezoom ever made, but at this price point, it's a real bargain. lightweight & sharp enought , for someone like me who have just occasional needs in telephoto, it's a real gem. excellent at 40 to 70mm, very good to 100mm and after that, it still good but you have to close you're aperture by at least one stop. 4.5 stars because the price point is so good... back in 1986 when i start photography, nothing like this ( at this focal lenght, ...

Lichtspiel

One of the surprises in the m43 world, often available for 99 bucks. While not super fast or well built (treat with care), the value (IQ/$) of this thing is unbeatable. Small and light too. O rly? It's probably been said/reviewed 1000x. So why not one more?

http://robertevangelista.blogspot.com/2014/02/blog-4-tips-for-taking-bird-pictures.html I dont actually own one, However I have spent a half day of Photo walk with it and I was amazed by the light weight, The Saturation, the Detail this camera Offers. PROS: Light Weight!!! Works Well with Olympus 5-axis Image Stabilization Great Detail even at the longest Zoom. It is more than I expected. it blew me away, And this is a good sign. There is no Lens Crepe, because the Zoom Ring is so stiff. CONS: ...

Pros : (1) cheap as hell (2) light weight (3) decently built (metal mount, plastic barrel) Cons : (1) 300mm eq. may be short for shooting birds (2) Olympus accessories (lens hood) at insane price Rant : A usefull addition at a very good price. I didn't expect stellar performance, and that's exactly what it is. This lens does the job fairly ...

Astrotripper

The best thing about this lens is its price. The worst thing is that it looks and feels like a cheap Chinese toy (maybe black version is not as obviously bad). So yeah, it's a cheap lens that looks and feels like a cheap lens. However, it does perform remarkably well. I'm comfortable shooting it at all focal lengths and apertures, knowing that it will deliver good results. It's not going to be anywhere close to prime lenses or high-end zooms, but it's also far from being bad. I'd say its ...

tabmelee

I wanted a zoom lens for hiking and traveling and this one fits the bill nicely. It is pretty sharp across the range and has good colors. It's quick to focus. It's very small (micro 4:3 helps with that) and since it's plastic, quite light. 78.0mm  ISO 200 f/9.0 123.0mm ISO 200  f/9.0

M Colyer

Reviews suggested it was sharp across the range and it is. Seriously pleased with this lens. What probably helps it is the fact that the body I use is the E-M5 which has a very decent in body anti-shake mechanism.

Vedochiaro

I bought this rather inexpensive lens, based on positive reviews I'd read. It's better than I expected it to be: it's light, very sharp, and with good colors. It doesn't appear to be sturdy, but this far I haven't had problems (it's all plastic). I'm satisfied with it and I'm using more than I thought I would.

quinnbike

I own the kitlenses 14-42 and 40-150 and the 14-54 (I) and when properly used the kitlens 40-150 is very sharp and fast. When compared to 14-54 it is a liitle bit slower in lower light, but overall a very nice lens, especially in the midrange! It is also so that you have to practise a lot to get the right combinations (aperture and shutterspeed), to get the best results... So keep on taking pitures, enjoy and learn to become ' good mates' with your gear!