Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R User Reviews

Announced Jun 30, 2011 •
Telephoto zoom lens | Micro Four Thirds | V315030SU000

I was part of my fathers heritage. He got it as part of e-PL3 kit. I paid nothing. I do not use it. The pictures are sharp enough, no reasonable pillow, no fugly bouquet. You get a 300mm compared to 35mm film - amazing and it is cheap. It is just because it is a 5,6 on four thirds sensor. No indoor available light and a large depth of field. That are the reasons why Olympus makes the 40-150 2.8 PRO (with a totally different price tag). For the rest of us:  Save the money, save some more and ...

Astrotripper

The best thing about this lens is its price. The worst thing is that it looks and feels like a cheap Chinese toy (maybe black version is not as obviously bad). So yeah, it's a cheap lens that looks and feels like a cheap lens. However, it does perform remarkably well. I'm comfortable shooting it at all focal lengths and apertures, knowing that it will deliver good results. It's not going to be anywhere close to prime lenses or high-end zooms, but it's also far from being bad. I'd say its ...

tabmelee

I wanted a zoom lens for hiking and traveling and this one fits the bill nicely. It is pretty sharp across the range and has good colors. It's quick to focus. It's very small (micro 4:3 helps with that) and since it's plastic, quite light. 78.0mm  ISO 200 f/9.0 123.0mm ISO 200  f/9.0

M Colyer

Reviews suggested it was sharp across the range and it is. Seriously pleased with this lens. What probably helps it is the fact that the body I use is the E-M5 which has a very decent in body anti-shake mechanism.

Vedochiaro

I bought this rather inexpensive lens, based on positive reviews I'd read. It's better than I expected it to be: it's light, very sharp, and with good colors. It doesn't appear to be sturdy, but this far I haven't had problems (it's all plastic). I'm satisfied with it and I'm using more than I thought I would.

quinnbike

I own the kitlenses 14-42 and 40-150 and the 14-54 (I) and when properly used the kitlens 40-150 is very sharp and fast. When compared to 14-54 it is a liitle bit slower in lower light, but overall a very nice lens, especially in the midrange! It is also so that you have to practise a lot to get the right combinations (aperture and shutterspeed), to get the best results... So keep on taking pitures, enjoy and learn to become ' good mates' with your gear!

MrScorpio

I can be quite picky about lenses and their performance, but this lens is as close to perfect as a zoom can be in my opinion. It is extremely light, small, Very (!) sharp, has a good contrast and a very good zoom range. It is the perfect travel companion and easily slips into a small pocket or bag. The AF is superfast and it locks on the subject so fast that one barely notices any time lagging from pressing the shutter until the picture is taken. Anything less good then? Well there is a ...