Olympus SP-590 UZ

Announced Jan 7, 2009 •
rraniga

Still, holds its own against modern cameras as I used this as a secondary camera to my Eos 600D and there are times when the shots were taken with SP590 come out better than DSLR Canon EOS 600D.A great Camera to have for point and shoot occasions.

elham

good camera but its image quality is not very good

ali sahhafi

sp 590-uz is a good camera for taking picture in darking place,at nights & in closing place .i love this camera

I am very happy with the camera. Very good value for money and simple to use. I bought the camera 2 weeks ago and taken over 500 photos so far Image quality is excellent in good lighting conditions and average under poor conditions. Flash photography is good though i find it tends to be a tad an the blue side. Image stabilization is great in extreme telephoto mode though its best to brace against a steady object when using it. Colour and sharpness are excellent. I was considering ...

Excelente cámara compacta, la adquirí para reemplazar una Sony S-60, lo mejor el zoom, calidad de las imágenes y facilidad de uso. Totalmente recomendable. Problems: La tapa del lente se sale al encenderla.

ouman

Bought this camera: 1. because it was on sale, at a very good bargain price. 2. because I have enjoyed previous Olympus cameras (film & digital), 3. because of its astounding features, and 4. because my current camera - Panasonic FZ-30 - has a shocking track record in low light, and even not-so-low light scenes. I was able to photograph the full moon, at full (26x optical !) zoom and get a clear picture with lunar details clearly visible. Problems: The lens tube seems to be a bit loose in its ...

wardiew

I still use my Oly 510-UZ more than any of my other Oly cameras, but I think Olympus has made a noticeable improvement with the 590-UZ. There are less exterior controls to confuse one, and the zoom is much better than the ring zoom on the previous model. The ELVf is good and has a calibrating knob. Nice big LCD, great focal length range, light weight, and simple controls make this a nice camera to use. At $440 USD this is a good value camera. The Xd card would be better replaced with an SD ...

JimmyDee

26x zoom is impressive, let's see how good is the IQ. It is certainly better than its Nikon rival.