Olympus C-5060 Wide Zoom User Reviews

Announced Sep 29, 2003 •
5 megapixels | 1.8 screen | 27 – 110 mm (4.1×)
garro

Overall a very nice camera but I previously owned a C-2100 Ultra Zoom and I must say, the C-5060 falls short of my expectations. I knew I was giving up zoom range but I feel I also lost a significant amount of range with pictures utilizing the flash. And getting the camera to either focus or meter in lower light conditions can be a challenge. The camera has a nice feel and is compact, which was not something the C-2100 could claim. I actually purchased the camera without actually seeing ...

epong

Power packed features within a small camera Solid body Ease of menu navigation Problems: Smallness is also a weakness. Prefers a more solid grip aka a SLR Somehow it is not able to retain the specifications after it's switched off. Quite dark at full tele

A decent digicam with the caveat that it's a bit slow on the trigger. For any kind of action shot pre-focus is an absolute must. Internal flash is VERY good for shots within 8 feet. Anyway, I almost never use this camera now that I have a D70. The D70 is a far better camera ......... somewhat bigger of course. Regards JohnG Problems: Mine busted after a couple of months and OLY fixed it. If it craps out again it's going in the garbage pail. I don't think I could recommend this camera.

I've had no time to assess this camera. Within three weeks of purchase. it broke down. I don't know whether the problem is due to hardware or software, but there is clearly a problem of reliablity with this camera that Olympus is not addressing. Problems: After just three weeks, the camera ceased to respond to any command.

josebi

Nice pictures Problems: In 5 months after buying it it stopped responding to controls, including the mode dial and arrow buttons, from time to time some others. For example, I could turn the dial as much as I wanted, ant the camera would stubbornly stay in the program mode. It took Olympus 4 months to repair it ;o(((

Nice pictures? AS LONG AS IT WORKS! Problems: After 5 months of use the camera lost all it's functions. No hardware but software malfunction. It took Olympus 4 MONTHS and 2 days to send me back the repaired camera. Service in Belgium is low also. I NEVER BUY OLYMPUS AGAIN

BUG!!! weird behavior. This is an update after about 7 months of use. THE CAMERA FAILED. Sometimes it doesn't turn on or wouldn't turn off, then the dial doesn't do anything, the P, M, S, A modes don't switch or stay stuck in one mode. Random menus pop up, most buttons don't work. I can still take pictures if the camera chooses S or P mode - i can't control it!!! similar behaviour had been described in other posts and people were able to get it repared by warranty.. But I am in Russia and ...

good image reproduction, i use for studio photography with several lighting and it work excellent Problems: too much time for focusing, and writing delay to card almost make me sleep

cchow

Overall the camera takes great pics. High resolution. Low light noise is minimal compared to other 2 to 4 meg pix cameras I've used. I love the wide angle, but need to buy a 2x to 4x converter. I like to take quick-action shoots at the race track, it's not the right camera to catch what I want. Maybe I have to play with the "burst mode" a little more and it'll be OK. I wish this camera was 20% thinner and 20% smaller in height with all it's current features. Then my wife wouldn't ...

I'm dissapointed. It's beautifully made, no doubt. But low-light pics are a mess. I mean, even my 1-mp HP can do better. Although I prefer using a film camera(Canon) ...The colors with Olympus 5060 come out somewhat washed out, especially flesh colors. The flash is not good - you have to buy external if you dont like blurry, dark, or red-eyed shots. By low-light I mean just about any indoor well-lit picture. Also this camera broke just after a month after I purchased it - now I have to go to ...