Olympus C-3000 Zoom

Announced Apr 24, 2000 •

I had a problem with camera operation in low temperatures. Problems: The camera failed when I tried to take pictures in Lake Tahoe in December. The temperature must have been below freezing. I tried NiMH and NiCD batteries, to no avail. I then read the manual and it says that the operating temperature of the camera is 32-104 deg F. Is this a camera problem or a battery problem? Would a Lithium battery work better? How about other digital cameras? How do they fare in this regard?

Great quality of images and lots of options to work with. Problems: Battery life is incredibly short. I'll shoot a few shots, shut down the camera and put it up. A few days later it doesn't work. The batteries are dead. Does anyone else have this problem?

my father bought this camera for my mother for Christmas. I have played with it quite a bit and so has she, and we both agree it is an awesome camera. No problems what so ever with it, and we're not expecting any. Problems: Lens cap easily lost. Problem can be easily solved with a $3 cap keep available from any camera store. Why they didn't include one I have no idea. my uncle got a different model Olympus for christmas this year and his came with one! You can zoom in on an image on the ...

I did my homework before buying and I believe I got the best camera for the money. I agree that the lens cap is a pain, but overall this camera has great features and takes great pictures. Problems: none

I'm very impressed with this little camera. It doesn't take too long to learn all the controls and the manual is thorough. A bought a 64 mb card for less than $30. Image quality is great. Olympus website answered questions quickly. Problems: Having to take the lens cap off before turning it on is annoying. I had trouble using the panoramic mode until I finally found out it was because I had the rec view enabled.

Best buy or it still would't be fetured continuously. Excellent quality digi-pics. Problems: Lens cap lost finally replaced with gunscope cap and no further problems.

Being new to digital, its hard to rate. Plus I haven't owned it long enough (Christmas)to give it an accurate reading but I'll try. I owned a Nikon 35mm before I was married and the lens cover was the exact same thing!! Only difference being the ON dial and hitting the lens cover. 35mm don't move on their own. I purchased another flip open lens just in case and haven't used it yet. If you can play around on a PC you can figure this camera out. Software downloaded EASILY on Windows 98, what ...

Christmas gift. Agree that lens cap design is bad. I am having so much difficulty with having the autofocus working that I am going to exchange the camera for another of the same kind. If the problem persists, this will not be the camera for me. Of the pictures I have been able to take, the quality seems excellent.

I really like this camera. It was my first digital camera and enjoyed using it. I received the camera for Xmas from my husband and also a new computer with Windows XP. The software the came with the camera won't load on XP. You need to to have the 2.5 version. Which is available from Olympus from their website at $19.95. The camera was bought around the same time as the computer, you would have thought Olympus would have package the newer version of their software, since XP has been ...

i like the rmote control feature of this camera. images ive take n is way better than other digital cameras ive used. only thing is the complication of button use... this camera is definitely not for first timers.