Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED

Announced Jan 29, 2008 •
Macro prime lens | Nikon F (FX) | 2177
kshiroma

First off, I don't need this lens. I have the 50mm 1.8G and 105 2.8G for macro work. I read many negative reviews comparing it to the "D" version which was still in production until recently. I considered selling it but then I realized that it's a great travel lens. It's fast focusing (very impressive considering it's range and no limiter). It's also fairly compact and lightweight. It has a weather sealing gasket which is important to me. I'm not sure why Nikon didn't put a gold ring on it; ...

Patrick50

The AF-D have a good sharpness if set to f/8... but the AF-S is much better at all aperture since f/2.8 to f/11. This lens is not heavy. The AF is fast. I sometimes use this lens as a all-around lens, like some use a 50mm. The 1/1 radio is the only point where the AF-D is easier to use because of a larger front distance. If you aim to use this lens mostly at the 1/1 ratio, you will have to learn how to light with a small front distance.

polizonte

My FX normal lens, close focus is an extra as I already have a 105mm for macro. It produces photos with no distortion, nice sharpness & contrast. Performance: good focus speed, portable, for a reasonable price, it is my least expensive Nikkor and a real bargain.

anat2

The lens is really good for the price. Unfortunately we didn't use it a lot as this lens was meant for art photography that didn't materialize. It sat on the shelf for about three years. To my surprise, when I picked it up couple of month ago, lens didn’t work. It developed infamous “sticky diaphragm” that some of the Nikon lenses are a susceptible to. To tell you the truth, I was really disappointed since I always trusted Nikon’s quality and never bother to register extended warranties – ...

Yo lo tengo desde julio de 2011 y aunque no he hecho muchas fotos con él, es un muy buen objetivo, ideal para macro y aproximación, con cámaras DX aunque es de formato FX, vale para ambos tipos de cámaras. Da una gran nitidez y contraste, he hecho fotos de flores con él y de peces de acuario, y alguna de mariposas y es excelente. Problems: Ningún problema

stratfordroad

Mine is an older lens without the "D" feature. However, it is wonderfull ! I was doing copy work with my nikkor 50mm f/1.4 and get lots of pin cushion and barrel distortion. I bought the Nikkor 60 micro and it was like magic! Straight lines and sharp as a tack! I also did many exstreme close-ups with it and got excelent results. I think it is an outstanding lens. Problems: None