Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D User Reviews

Macro prime lens | Nikon F (FX) | 1987
AbstractTim

I just bought one for £159 U.K. from LCE (praise be to the mirrorless craze.) Despite what some of the reviewer say, It renders super sharp head & shoulder portraits on my D810 and D3x - with highly detailed iris landscapes and fine networks of blood vessels in eyewhites when viewed at 200 & 400% pixel peeping magnifications. Nice colour and contrast too - No complaints or miserable whingeing 1 star ratings here.

JHern

Ever since I starting shooting SLRs decades ago, I always had a workhorse 50mm f/1.4 or 50mm  f/1.8 prime. For most things these 50mm's work just fine. But in fact there were many situations where I wanted a lens that was a bit sharper than any of my 50mm lenses, but all along this 60mm lens somehow managed to escape my attention. But after buying a used copy of the 60mm f/2.8D micro, it quickly replaced all of my 50mm lenses as my main workhorse, except when I need to shoot in low light. It ...

I think 60mm is too limiting on a full frame sensor. You are simply just too close to any subject that moves, even moves in a breeze. But on DX, 60 becomes 90 and suddenly things are easier. This lens gets the nod however because of it's modest cost, but totally immodest performance. It's only competitor is Tamron's 90mm (for a Nikon body, IMO), the lens I'd buy for an FX sensor. Keep it brief. If you want true 1 to 1 macro on a DX body, at sensible cost, with beautiful sharpness and colour, ...

CDNPHOTO12

Had this lens for a few days and I can fairly say that it is sharp, if you can find this lens for under $300 in the US or £170 in the UK, it is a complete steal, the quality even on a D200, it is very good. I focus hunts slightly that is the only reason why I would not give it a 5 star, but this is a minor problem, there is no majors.

moldmen

I have been using the Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f2.8D for the last 10 years whenever I want to be sure of a super sharp immage for not only close-up work but for normal work as well. Instead of using a 50mm I find the advantage of shooting this lens with a digital camera allows me to not be concern about a fast lens faster the the f2.8 . I am still amazed after all these years how good a lens it is. When I am only using a set up with one lense ( Nikon D600) this is the one I chose. Hank Taylor

Mark K

I have had two copies..used and all were very soft. I had never used a soft macro lens until I met this one..

I've been using this rather boring looking lens for many years now, on - D1, D100, D200, D2X, D300 and now my D7000. It is the default choice for product shoots, and produces properly sharp images. I tend to use it between f8 and f16 It's deeply recessed front optic and highly controlled distortion, means that this just creates great, high contrast images. I tend to focus manually as it does struggle sometimes - more in close focus scenarios. With products and close focus in particular, I use ...