Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G

Announced Feb 9, 2009 •
Prime lens | Nikon F (DX) | 2183

This lens woke up my D3000 to make it capable of taking sharp, clear photos in low light.  This is without any question the first prime lens any DX Nikon owner should buy.  My copy only cost $150 new in the sealed box, grey market. To take photos inside without flash, this lens is vastly better than the 18-55 VR kit lens that comes with the entry level DSLR bundles. How Nikon makes and sells these lenses for as little as they cost is one of the mysteries.

FVDS

Fantastic lens: very fast focus, extremely sharp, 1.8 aperture, small, lightweight, and cheap! I really don't how they could make it better. Buy one and leave it on your camera!!

SaintMarino

This was the first dedicated lens purchase I had made back in 2013, about 2 months after I purchased my first DSLR, a Nikon D5100 with a 18-55 kit lens. I have been using this lens for more than 3 years now, initially on the D5100 and now on a D7200. For the price point, I am genuinely impressed with the kind of sharp, clear images it provides. Over the course of usage, there have been very few instances where I was not happy with the results. Pros of the lens:- 1> Performance/price ratio: It ...

I love this lens! Every Dx owner should have one of this. Shots taken with this lens are not soft, just stop down a little at F/2.8-4 or even F/5.6-11, then you'll get a sharp shots... I bought this lens because of its Bokeh is so creamy, and you can even take a good landscape shots at a descent field of view as human eye. Pro: Sharp, Fast, good Bokeh, good all-around, Pretty fast Auto-focus at good light Cons: Slow Auto-focus at low-light This is a great subtitute for my nikon 18-55mm, when ...

I have bought this lens one year before and from the beginning wasn't happy about my pictures. In the end I understood that problem is in my lens and this is lack of focus. Nikkor 35mm I checked my cam (D5300) with others lens and found that even Nikkor 18-55 makes pictures better than mine. Nikkor 18-55 I appealed to dealer in our country (Hadar) twice and they said that no any problem in my lens! I have no satisfaction with this lens and want to buy something better from another firm!

arpikusz

My son was born this year and I wanted a fast lens to capture his ... life. Being a hobby photographer in Serbia, price was the mayor issue. Turns out this lens was my best investments in photo gear so far. At 1.8 it's a soft so I usually use it at around 2.8. Sample Too bad it doesn't have distance scale. :-/

Perfectly sharp, lightweight and dirt cheap, this lens is ideal for evening and indoor photography. Its 35mm focal length is roughly equivalent to the human eye's perspective (on a APS-C sensor). Advantages (1) Very sharp (2) Fast - great for low light (3) Lightweight (4) Small (5) Cheap (6) Filter thread does not rotate Disadvantages (1) Prone to some purple fringing on high contrast areas when shooting wide open

Small and extremely powerful lenses for wedding videography. You have to get close to object, but bokeh is really great if you use 2.0 (1.8 is not so sharp) but you will probably not notice it on video. Check some of my video examples shot with this 35mm - 1.8G lense http://tvc.kz/videosemka-portfolio.html

Ze88

Bought this lens year ago and coupled it with my d7100. I have to admit that within its price range there is nearly no other lens which could beat it (on par with Nikon's 50mm 1,8D or G). Great for lowlight, Incredibly sharp from 2 - 8f. Autofocus is very fast. Build is also very solid (even though it is plastic with metal mount). So far this lens has always been in my bag, whenever i went shooting as it never disappointed me. I'd certainly recommend it to everybody!

My fave lens. this lens is for street photography and portrait too. it's sharp, very good bokeh, very lightweight lens, reasonable price to buy. it is recommended to have