Nikon Coolpix P310

Announced Feb 1, 2012 •
16 megapixels | 3 screen | 24 – 100 mm (4.2×)

A Nice manual control compact camera at this price range. Love the 1.8 bright len, ISO100 and the Fn button. If Nikon can add a built-in GPS and a bigger CMOS sensor in this same compact size... it will be a winner and I don't mind paying more for it.

Does great work up to 1600 at any size you're likely to print from a compact camera. This an impressive little piece that can duplicate most DSLR work aside from the focal length extremes. The 1.8 24mm wide sealed the deal for me: sharp, fast, and great for street shots. Well thought-out feature set with full manual control and some useful scene mode/post-processing gimmicks. My favorite handling features include the assignable shortcut button on the front of the camera which I use to ...

Doug

Good old .jpg doing it right and1.8 takes care of all your 'on the town' photos. Pick one light source or 3 types. My opinion, Nikon has another keeper. A must have. I still have the wrapper in hand, beaming over first impression the camera points and shoots as never before. It will take a lot of time to beat this little beauty to pieces, but for now, very impressive. Read the specs. for info on intended usage. Problems: How much smarter do these 91 AE AF points need to be?