Nikon Coolpix 5700 User Reviews

Announced May 29, 2002 •
wahid karim

you got to be understand how the camera works, dont ever lost the manual ! read the manual and understand deeply, obviously not for the beginner. Other thant it produce exellent photo. Been use it for 2 years, dropped it many time, still worked! always carry spare battery. Short life. Problems: not for beginner!

John L2

The 5700 was a real revelation to me. It works great and I am sure the main reason for my initial reluctance was that I did not take the time to read the manual thoroughly. It was my first digital camera, and after spending many years as a professional I thought I knew it all. WRONG! If one takes the time to read and understand the manual you will get great results! If you don't--do not blame the camera! Incidentally I traded it for the 8700 because I needed the 8MP for architectural size ...

Graeme Kerr

Just arrived 5 days ago. Fits in my hand perfectly. I have wanted this camera for a long time...took some pictures the other day, take a look www.pbase.com/poetry666 Will post a bigger report as time goes on... Graeme CP4300 - CP5700 Problems: None as yet

In perfect conditions - produces beautiful images. Manual controls and macro capability are the plus's. Zoom range is also quite handy to have in a reasonably compact camera. Negatives: 1. Manual focus is a JOKE - slow and cumbersome with no decent indication of distance 2. Low light autofocus is a BAD JOKE - makes the camera unuseable in lowlight (and not that low light) 3. Battery life - also a JOKE

Aidy

I was looking for a digital camera to use for candid photography without spending 1000's. 90% of my photography is using medium format film, I also use 35mm but less so know, hence a digi camera. I researched a good few cameras but with the features of this plus having the Nikkor lens this was the final choice. The camera is now two weeks old, I have taken somewhere in the region of 800 shots, and I am really happy with the results (still not a patch on my film camera), all kinds of ...

mpuri

I researched this forum throughly before purchasing Nikon 5700 and I have to admit the user comments delayed my purchase decision. The concerns I had were low light performance, slow response etc which several users have mentioned. I checked out some other 4MP cameras before finalizing on 5700, the cameras I considered were Canon A80, Panasonic Z10, Pentax Optio S40. I will elaborate on experience wih these cameras, but let me start with saying that I am very happy with my decision of buying ...

Dan Wolfgang

Overall, a fantastic camera. Highly recommended. My complete review is available at http://www.danandsherree.com/2004/0722/nikon_coolpix_5700_r.php

eric_595

Excellent camera. I have had it for about a week and have taken some really nice photos. Strongly recommended as a camera that can be point and shoot or a little more for those that have the knowlege Problems: Low light focus isnt as good as it could be., it should have some kind of assist light for a camera of this price. When taking mpeg movies with camera the motors on the autofocus overwhelm the audio, and it sounds like someone typing on a keyboard.

demondna

Camera produces excelllent images. Manual settings are of great benefit when more professional pictures are to be taken. The folding away of the LCD screen is great as it is something I do not use that often. Battery life is adequate with the Li Ion model. Zoom capabilities is excellent. Best I have seen so far. Problems: Irritating clicking noise in movie mode playback. This is a result of the Autofocus and can be eliminated when in manual mode however.

I am very disattisfied with this camera. Focus speed was horribly slow, as it writing speed to microdrive. Focus was erratic. When shooting in RAW mode, processing in Capture took twice as long or more than RAW files produced with a D1X. This camera is heading back to eBay, from whence it came. Tripod mount is not under the sensor. EV was awful. Problems: First camera arrived with its flash inoperable and had many bad pixels. Second camera was fine, but misfeatures described above make it ...