Nikon Coolpix 5700 User Reviews

Announced May 29, 2002 •
quangtranho

It is second digital camera that I got. I shoot a lot and I feel that is suitable for begening photographer. It has a lot of neccessary functions like histogram, macro, shutter priority, apperture priosity, etc. It is compatible with CF ultra II.

G.Labe

<font color=red><b>great camera! </b></font> it's my second digicam - i bought it brand new a year ago (~2000 pics) and am more than pleased.. and with battery grip MB-E5700 i just love it! Problems: some hot pixels visible at longer exposures (will just have to remap 'em..)

Jinn

This is a good starting-level camera, with acceptable image quality and color, good zoom range and macro. Its only problem its slowness: slow startup time, slow autofocus, slow cf card writing. When you need to be quick, this is not your machine... i missed many good opportunities because of this. Problems: At long exposure times, my camera burns in the same pixels with the same color (about ten pixel long lines, and about twenty on a full image)

Bright Storm

- image quality is decent - porbably because of the good old physically large sensor. - flip out & twist LCD - 8x optical - good lens quality - TTL hot shoe - visual design is stylish, agressive, i jus tlove the blue light indicating the self-timer - build quality is excellent - very strong, this camera is for ages, 20,000 shots in different conditions is not a problem. Problems: - power switch button badly placed - can accidentally turned on while grabbing the camera out of the bag - ...

BartK

This camera has a great image quality bur a very slooooooowwwwww autofocus so you will miss every great moment. I sold mine and I'm glad I've got a sony F828 now. This one will not miss the moment Problems: Very slooww autofocus even in good light situations. No focus in difficult light situations Manual focus doesn't work well

qiuyu

5700 is my second digicam, I gave up my samsung about half an year ago. And 5700 really satisfy me a lot, even more. After 2000+ experience, I had to say it was a lucky choice. ps. My album is available at http://zy2net.51.net/Photos/index.htm

This is an upgrade to my first post. I've now had the CP5700 for 6 months and taken some 2000+ pictures with it. I have taken a full range of shots from macro to landscape and with very impressive results indeed. The image quality is excellent. The saturation adds nice tones and exposure modes are easy to learn. The camera sits into the palm of the hand and is quite small in comparison to an SLR camera, even with it's 8xOptical zoom extended. It's easy to get to grips with and use due to the ...

michele_uk66

brought this camera 3 months ago , after looking at loads of cameras this one seemed to be the best choice. takes great photos and as long as you read the manual you will learn how to use the camera funtions very easy..... great value for money would recomend this camera to anyone... Problems: none ive noticed

When it works this camera takes excellent photographs. The automatic focus can be frustrating slow at times, and useless in poor light. Problems: My problems with this camera started on day one. The first camera from the shop failed to turn on, replaced it for another one, seemed ok until I had to use the flash. Replaced it again, third camera in as many days. This camera lasted a bit longer - about two months - before the lens unti stopped operating. Luckily this was covered under warranty. ...

I bought this a year ago and since then have not shot any film on any jobs with my old film cameras so I would have to say it was definitly worth the money and for my first step into the digital realm it was a good choice. I really like the larger AA battery base as it makes it more like an SLR and also always use the Nikon lens shade as the lens seems so delicate when extended out, and I use a polarizer to accentuate colors and protect the lens itself, just need to remove it if using the ...