Leica V-Lux (Typ 114) User Reviews

Announced Sep 14, 2014 •
Ronald The

I have bought this camera last Dear, bood results had a Sony compact camera, unfortenately stolen

pbrandt3

Yes, I love  this camera and it replaces my Nikon D700, now retired. The V-lux has TOO many options ! Do you want to create wonderful photos or do you want to become a camera geek? So many sub menus. I've been a professional photographer for 45 years because I love to capture moments and create unique images, not memorize 10,000 menus items. And Leica Corp. Is not much help when you need help. They prefer you to buy their more expensive cameras, then they will help you.

I own several cameras - an old 'blad that belong to my wife's grandmother, a couple of 35 mm film cameras that should be taken to the thrift store and, as my primary cameras, a Nikon D800E, a Panasonic-Lumix GX8 and, now, the Leica V-Lux Typ 114. First, a confession - I took my Leica V-Lux out of the box two days ago and have gone about 25% up the learning curve.  The layout of the controls is very similar to the Lumix but there are enough differences to throw me a curve from time to time. ...

I'm not a "bridge camera" fan although they are relatively popular. Most users purchase them primarily because of their convenience regarding range of focal lengths and lack of need to carry multiple lenses, and of course, the weight savings. My basis of comparison regarding digital Leicas are my D2, DLUX4, X1, and XV. It's been years since I used M's and they were M6 and MP cameras. My reference point is not the newer digital M's. So my comments needs to be put into perspective. Bridge ...