Kodak LS743 User Reviews

Announced Jan 8, 2004 •
4 megapixels | 1.8 screen | 36 – 100 mm (2.8×)
OldSchoolNewSchool

This camera takes sharp pictures, and is pretty easy to use. When coupled with the EasyShare Printer, it's one heck of a combination. Problems: The navigation button is endlessly annoying. It is so small, it's hard to use properly. My wife has tiny hands, and even she has a hard time using the navigation button.

cjnielsen

I found the LS743 is an easy to use point and shoot camera, which is let down by being 'too simple'. Is missing a lot of features that other similar cameras have (esp. Sony's) - i.e. no histogram, no options for sharpening etc. Very sparse features for a relatively expensive compact camera. I found several specific things mighty frustrating: * Camera forgets all your settings when powered off * Poor dynamic range - blows highlights often - not good when your dog is bright white!!!! * Much ...

TerryLR

I have taken a couple of thousand shots and made a lot of very nice 8x10 prints. Does a very respectible macro for a $100 point and shoot. Problems: Pretty basic- but what can you expect?

GJonson

Excellent camera, I was using DX 6340 before this is much lighter and very fast in taking picture.

Josephine Kelly

This camera tends to take dark pictures and has a weak flash. I nearly always have to enhance the brightness of photos. Having said that, many of the pictures are still very satisfactory. Quite a good camera for everyday snapping.

cysior

poor focus mechanism. very dark pictures in low light conditions. too bright macro pictures.. Problems: This is my 4th camera..Problems starts when I was at wedding party. Every one was takieng pictures but not me ! The camera's focus mechanism simply does not work in low-light conditions. Of course you can always use night mode, but without tripod pictures will not satisfy you..

digicamfan

I think the camera is fantastic. Upgraded to this camera fr a DX4330 (love it, but lost it). The pictures that we took in New Zealand received many praises fr frens & colleagues likewise. Compared the picture quality of many similar canon/ olympus cameras & found that kodak was definately a better overall digital cam. The design is sleek, compact & easy to use :) Am a satisfied kodak customer.... and the kodak colours never fail to amaze!!! Problems: none so far... :)

mikeS

Disappointed...returned after 2 days. Poor pictures and weak flash..I've had 2mp cameras that were much better.Bought this one after reading hype and that is what it turned out to be. Hope I just got a bad one.