Kodak DC215 User Reviews

Announced Aug 3, 1999 •
Unknown user 50640

No focus and poor choice of image file reduction brings image quality close to the unacceptable level. I wish I had waited before buying this camera.

Unknown user 50412

I have had the camera 2 months and taken about 60 pictures,overall I'm happy. BUT NOW the lens stuck open and I had to return it for repair.I had no way to protect the lens as the cover would not fit and as much as I tried to prevent it,the lens has small scraches. Problems: The lens stuck halfway in/out I called Kodak and they told me to ship it to them .......at my expense! My parents had a loyalty to Kodak and so did I up till now,I feel disappointed in the quality and feel the camera will ...

sarge3056

I have taken hundreds of photos with the 215 Millenium editrion. I have a USB card reader and the downloads with it are VERY FAST. I use the Adobe PhooDeluxe software and print hard copies with my HP 932C colour printer with excellent results. GREAT VALUE for the money!!!! Lots of features not available in much more expensice cameras!!!! Problems: Must be careful when inserting Flashcard into camera so that you don't bend the 'connector pins' in the camera!

Unknown user 44245

Haven't used my proper camera since I got this. There are now better models available but I feel no need to ungrade yet. Images print at A4 size with no pixilation which is good enough for me. Not a prof camera but great for snaps. Also rugged enought o survive my kiddies juggling with it etc. Problems: Eats batteries especially when downloading - get a power adapter or flash reader

Francis de la Pena

It's me again, I still have the the DC215 Camera, I've dropped it again, it still works. I've also used it at work to take photos of company events. The quality of the prints were great. I've also purchased a card reader for it, and I was able to use templates. Problems: None, just stick to an NiMH battery it will last you a long time.

Dave Walker

I have used the DC215 for 12 months and finds it to be a solidly built camera. Using the camera is a pleasant experience, the view finder is bright and clear and the controls are easy to use. The 2x optical zoom and large lens are big plus points, although the fixed focus lens does create slightly soft images. The 4Mb card provided is too small for practical use, I upgraded to 16Mb which holds 50 - 60 images at maximum resolution. I found the serial upload to be slow and also unreliable. ...

Unknown user 41147

iMac friendly and easy to use. I've had my camera since October and find it as super easy to use as the (twice as expensive) Sony I have access to at work. I am taking a Digital Camera class at a local community college and am recommending my Kodak DC215 to everyone there. Ya, it uses batteries.........but so does every digital I have seen. So get rechargeable batteries! I use my camera for emailing and Ebay exclusively.........all photos email and upload easily. Problems: None yet.

Unknown user 41067

I've had my 215 almost a year and a half and have taken over 1500 pictures with it. It has never given me any trouble and is an excellent value for anyone looking for a good ,easy to use camera. Also a card reader makes downloading your pictures quite a bit faster. Problems: Hard on batteries !

Unknown user 40705

I bought this camera used with a broken zoom switch. Kodak sent a switch which my local camera repair installed. It works GREAT! Good resolution of pictures. A large improvement over the 480 X 640 I had before. You need to get a SanDisk and rechargeable batteries. I also got a AC adapter. I find this is the best value for a decent, affordable digital camera. I love it!! Problems: Processing time is slow. So what?

Unknown user 40667

My sister and I both own and love this camera. A note on the construction- the pipes froze in my sister's ceiling and then entire ceiling filled with water and came crashing down. We dug the camera out from under sheetrock and a foot of insulation. It was soaking wet, but I dried it out and the next day the thing worked perfectly again! Problems: Outdoor pictures are not as sharp as indoors