Kodak DC215 User Reviews

Announced Aug 3, 1999 •
Unknown user 83274

Real estate professionals choice. My brother, and many of my real estate colleagues also own this camera, and most swear by it. I am sad to say, after 19,550 photos over the past 2 years with this camera, I am in search of a new digital camera because I crushed mine in my glove box which broke the wide-angle/telephoto button. I have dropped it on concrete, its been thrown around in the car, and never had any problems until now. It is probably fixable, but I cannot be without a camera for ...

Unknown user 82503

I have taken about 4000 images with tis camera and can say that this is a total wast of money!!! Don't even think about it... If you think this camera is good take a look at something else. Problems: Batery pack! Service! Focus!!!!!!!! SLOW!!

Unknown user 78063

I am an Amateur Photographer here in New England and I do Landscape Photography. I have owned this camera for 2-3 years and honestly can say it take great pictures. I have a lot of my work displayed in local craft shops. I have never had any problems with this camera and would recommend it to any one who may just be starting out in Digital Photography. I also still use SLR Cameras. Problems: Never have had any problems with this Camera.

Unknown user 77895

very easy to work with, mine came with the docking station and it really is great for ease of getting pictures up on computer. Problems: not so far

Unknown user 76933

This camera is very good value for money, only if you are looking for a general purpose camera, and not a high end photography replacement. Close ups and photogenic scenes come out very good without any fuss, however, scenic photos, landscapes and distance detail will not be very good. I have taken about 1500 shots in a year, compared to the measly 30 or so shots taken the year before with a conventional camera. Its so easy to take shots with this camera without being in any way professional. ...

johnfalky

I bought this camera on a budget Christmas of 1999 as my second digital camera (My Agfa quit after 4 hours of use). Since then I've been shopping for a better deal for the money. I tried a Canon Powershot G1 but it had trouble with some colors especially blue, which is very dominant in outdoor photography in Arizona. I realize this is a "kiddie" camera, but its built like a tank. My new Epson 1280 printer nows shows the megapixel limit of this little box. For scenery photography with wide ...

Unknown user 71160

I bought this digicam in 2/99 and have taken well over 2000 pic's with it, I'm pleased with the camera considering I knew it was an entry level camera and the cost (just under $200 at the time). Some how recently the hooks for the battery case have broken so I've followed the course of so many other owners of this camera and have it taped. I've been searching for a better quality cam and am thinking of the minolta D-5. Want something that can focus and I have a bit more control over. Don't ...

Unknown user 69903

Overall I'm very happy with the perfomance as I purchased knowing it was a lower end camera. However, the battery case is of a poor design and mine is currently being fixed at Kodak due to a fall to the floor of less then six inches. It could be of a sturdier design.

Unknown user 69114

I liked the camera, most things on it is good, just except the image quality, which is quite important... It's a solid construction and the fingers fits nicely to the buttons. I sold mine and bought a DC3400 instead. better pictures but not so good camera. Problems: The lensprotection lid gets worn out and won't fit.

Unknown user 67911

I bought mine a year ago. Landscapes blur, quality is below a 640 x 480 fuji for sharpness. Great for family shots and indoors, anything else- rubbish due to Kodaks lens and software compression. Kodak sold rubbish and don't care! Problems: Battery case fell to bits, Kodak UK took 6 weeks to repair- pathetic