Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R User Reviews

Announced Jan 6, 2014 •
Telephoto prime lens | Fujifilm X | 16418649

Mine is not very sharp between 1.2 and 1.8. I´m on my second sample. No problems with my 23/2, 35/1,4 and 90/2, all of them tack sharp wide open. One forum member went through five until he found a sharp one. I hope for Sigma to deliver a 56/1.4. Not to save any money, just to save effort. Otherwise I don't care about AF speed. I want SHARPNESS, wide open, PLEASE!

+ (1) Very sharp (2) Nice looking bokeh with character - (1) Autofocus is not the fastest (2) No weather sealing, very prone to dust inside I finally got an opportunity to try this lens last summer so I did. It was the only Fuji prime from 14 to 90mm I did not test. It's not as big as I'd thought, except the hood which is quite prominent. Autofocus is at the same level as the 35mm ...

Basically wanted this lens for some time. Finally got a copy and tested it out today.. very sharp at f1.2 and extremely sharp for f1.4 through f8. Color and contrast excellent, as it rendering and bokeh. Some say auto-focus is slow.. but I managed to get an image of a child at play and a dog who hates getting photographed. Test Images... https://www.digitalandfilm.com/

Detailed article on Fujinon XF 56mm F1.2 R lens disassembly . Fujinon XF 56mm F1.2 R - Attaching thick adhesive tape to unscrew front naming plate. Fujinon XF 56mm F1.2 R - location of aperture click ball after removing ring. Fujinon XF 56mm F1.2 R - aperture chamber with aperture controlling motor.

USSK

Finally I have a lens that makes mundane subjects interesting again. Many years ago, when Canon EOS 300D just came out, I have put 50mm f1.8 lens on it. For a few days, everything around me was photographed and everything looked amazing!  I have discovered DSLRs, bokeh and just couldn't get enough of it. Over time, the novelty has worn off.  A few years later, using 85mm Samyang was quite exciting but I never really enjoyed the manual focus, particularly with shallow DoF. And now I have Fuji ...

Metah

As title say this lens is extremely sharp and give awesome photos when it focus, however it miss the focus often in low light and that make me frustrated.

Jassem

I used to be a Canon user. I had 6D and still have the Canon EF 50mm f1.2L lens but recently I really fall in love with Fuji X-T1 especially the high quality lenses they had for it. I bought this lens and compared it to my Canon 50mm f1.2 and let me tell you it is sharper wide open and has way way less CA not to mention the price tag. Goodbye Canon and welcome Fuji.

ch01

Except that focus is a bit hit and miss

In case you are interested...   :-) http://andrewvanbeek.com/fuji-vs-canon-lenses/