Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R User Reviews

Announced Sep 6, 2012 •
Wideangle prime lens | Fujifilm X | 16276481

I was recently gifted this lens from a fellow photographer. An amazing gift...he had been gifted the lens, didn't feel right selling it and wanted it to be in the hands of a capable photographer who would appreciate it. I'll admit that I wasn't looking for something so wide nor something this slow (2.8). Still...I likewise didn't feel right selling to fund a different lens. Well, after shooting with it I am in love with this lens (except that aperture!). One of my first images is posted here. ...

This is just to correct my incorrect 3.5 star review! I had meant to give 4.5 stars! Next time I promise to be properly caffeinated before operating my keyboard. ;-) Another image from this awesome lens. It's minimum focus of only 4" is a boon for letting pups get in my face! Protective UV filter for tongues! Jax inspects my canoe. 14mm lens ISO 400. f6.4 @ 1/1400.

Xe11ent

I recently bought the Fujifilm 14 f2.8 (used) and I really like it. It's sharp (already at 2.8 and from f4 even better). Very good for landscape, but also for street if you want more context. Off course there have been many before me speaking highly of this lens and for a reason, it's very good. It's certainly not cheap but the optics are very good and for what I understand the optics don't need correcting in software. I really like the way the manual focus works with the so called clutch ...

Tanyssa

I wanted to do landscape, although having the 18-55, I was looking for a wide angle even better and better correcting vignetting and distortions. This lens is superb, moreover very easy to put in position manual focus. Too bad it is not weather resistant.

Today was my first outing with my new 14mm f/2.8. I really had a hard time deciding if I should get this lens or not. I already own the excellent Rokinon 12mm f2.0 and was not sure what value the 14mm might add to my kit. Last month as discussions revolved around the 14mm because of the $400 discount, I jumped in and ordered one from B&H Photo. But, the 14mm was on backorder with no prediction of when they would get more. That gave me the opportunity to reconsider and I cancelled my order. ...

I've had this lens two days now and took it to the city for a try. Build quality is excellent and autofocus is fast. The sharpness is fantastic and the rendering is lovely, very similar to the 35mm 1.4 lens. Highly recommended if you want to go wide!

km25

It may have a little softness wide open. But from there is near preffect optics, it distortion is on the level of a normal lens and that is not after processing. It is a top level lens on anyones book.

km25

Excellent lens, very little distortion,as seen in raw-no correction. Super sharp. It center is outstanding and only a little soft toward the edges. It has a pull back to the lens in MF, with DOF scale. It handles fast and focus fast. Only a Leica lens feels better. Love this lens.

km25

It is a sharp from center to edge. I love it's MF and DOF scale. Like the 18-55 zoom, correction is made by software. I have no real idea what the true pinchusion/barreling looks like. But if it is corected... well. It looks as sharp as my 60mm F2.4. Problems: Taking on, offf and rev. the lens shade is a learing curve. But not long.

This lens is superb. It does, however, cast a shadow on the other lenses in the XF family. Why don't the 18mm, 35mm and the 60mm have a similar sliding focus ring and a d-o-f scale? The 35, in particular, would benefit from that. After having used the 14, I suddenly feel there is something missing in the handling of the other ones. The 35 is such an outstanding lens that even if adding this feature meant adding to its price, Fuji should still do it. Perhaps there is a technological reason ...