Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR User Reviews

Announced Jan 15, 2016 •
Lens | Fujifilm X | 16501109

I am beyond disgusted with Fuji’s servicnin mid November. I ordered this lens through a reputable camera shop in the Capital region.  It was being offered by FUji at a discount price.  It is now mid January and FUji apparently is playing games and not distributing fairly to customers who ordered at the discount THEY offered. 2 months is enough and perhaps it is time to start filing official complaints.  I am posting so that others can beware and use caution in ordering FUJI’s products.

myfujilife

Introduction There isn't a lot of choice when it comes to long lenses from Fujifilm. There is Fuji XF100-400 or the...ummm...nope, that's it. You could potentially look at the XF50-140 with a tele converter, but it doesn't really play in the same range as the XF100-400 which is a 150-600 by full frame standards, and my experience with 2x converters is frankly pretty dismal from a loss of IQ perspective. Fuji X-T2 with XF60mmF2.4 R Macro, ISO 1000, Focal length 60mm, Aperture f/2.8, Shutter 1/125

I'm an amateur shooting the Fuji X-T2 with the XF 100-400 for a couple of years now. Coming from compact cameras I was blown away by the image quality improvements this combo gave me. As I'm getting used to this quality and my skills improve I'm wondering: Could it be better? I'm sometimes disappointed by long distance shots as they come out quite soft no matter what shutter speed. Having no experience with other camera systems at those focal lengths I wondered if that's due to physics (air ...

After six months of exhaustive tests from still to moving subjects I can not praise this lens highly enough. Mine does not have any sharpness issues and is brilliant from 100 mm through to 400 mm. It is used on my X-T2 where it is silent and fast, with the flourite element I find it renders nice colours and contrast.

Short article on explorative disassembly of XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 lens mount area . Fujinon XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR - view of electronics. Fujinon XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR - air filter

i got this lens despite reading lots of mixed reviews on this lens. from sharpest lens ever to soft wide open and overpriced. i got it mainly for portraits as i still prefer longer focal length compression. to keep it short and sweet, the lens performs superbly at all focal length wide open WHEN flash is used for teh added contrast. portaits taken are extremely sharp, you can count the hair on the eyebrows. but without flash as further distance subjects, it doesnt seem to be so fantastic. AF ...

Very pleased with the optic, the aperture ring is 'hidden' no markings, the tripod foot is far too small and held in place by flimsy undersized thumbscrews. I'm not bothered by the low speed, this length of telephoto needs to be stopped down anyway.

I'm a longtime Nikon shooter who has totally moved to the Fuji X system in the last six months. (And very happy I did.) In the last few years I've owned and extensively used the Nikon 200-400mm and the new version of the 80-400mm. Both lenses were fine for the wildlife shooting I primarily used them for. This new Fuji is comparable in sharpness to those two Nikon's, and like those lenses, it's sharpest at the lower 2/3s of its focal length range: it's bitingly sharp at 100-200mm, not quite as ...

Vishals

I recently had the chance to test the XF 100-400 with the X-T10. It is a very sharp lens, and is fairly light compared to the Sony 70-400 II. These images are not processed.

Hello, Long time Canon shooter who added an XT1 and several lenses over the past 2 years. My latest addition is the Fujinon 100-400 and the 1.4 extender and I'd thought others might find it helpful to hear of my experience and thoughts. Received the lens and extender last week and had the opportunity to put it through it's paces this past weekend. I should note that I have experience with long lenses as I currently own the Canon 300mmf4L (non-IS) and 400f5.6L along with both the Canon 1.4 and ...