Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) User Reviews

Announced Feb 26, 2018 •
24 megapixels | 3 screen | APS-C sensor
Riyaz G

Canon EOS M50, EF 50 1.8 STM @ iso100 1/2500s, f2.2 Regretting for selling old EOS 70D and buying M50. I thought M50 has Advance Digic8-24Mega pixcels will give better result than 70D which is Digic5-20MP. I was wrong. Look at the dove-double edge, and leaves-chromatic abrasion - this is taken with EF50mm 1.8 STM , 1/2500s f2.2 iso100. Visible noise in iso800 in indoor shooting. Is there any thing wrong with the setting - in the camera which i have to look for?

pravious

We bought this camera as an upgrade from the Sony Alpha a6000 mainly because of the flip out screen and the mic jack, which the a6000 doesn't have (it has a tilt screen, though). The AF works great and the EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens offers a lot for both still photography and for videography as well. On the price point, if that's your main constraint, I think this is a good option.

I have been into Photography since 1959 and have used a wide range of camera equipment. I must say the Canon M50 is the most fun of all the the cameras I have owned, and there have been many of the past 60 years. It is lightweight and fun to use and carry. I just wish someone would come out with a laminated cheat sheet and an expanded user guide like you can get now for most of today's modern equipment.Also hoping for possibly a 50mm f/1.8 lens EF-M  from Canon.

Having owned Canon products for a long time, and working in the field with heavy DSLR gear, it was time to make a switch to something a bit lighter and up-to-date spec wise. I've watched the Mirrorless category grow, and was torn between leaving my dear Canon behind in favor of the competition, but I knew Canon would come out with something that was worthy of my ultimate sacrifice.......I traded my Canon 7D in for this little monster that can fit in my pocket. I had looked at the previous ...

Michael B 66

Ordered the M50 two months ago. Checking the physical controls I never thought it would be usable with ease - so I expected mediocre ergonomics. But my expectations were wrong - while having only a small set of direct access buttons for functions (1) the touch screen interface is very logical (at least for long term Canon system users and (2) you have the freedom to create user menus and at least (3) the camera does a lot very well automatically. The EVF in combination with the very fast, ...

galsuseno

I like - Easy to use - AutoFocus faster and more accurate then A6000. - LCD screen very good - Fast (not slow like M3) - EVF also very good and fast - Images is very canon - AutoFocus in video also great for vloging (thanks to dual pixel AF) - Connectivity (Bluetooth, NFC, WiFi) I dislike - Battery is very poor - Auto ISO setting is not advance - Cannot do Quite Shutter Mode in manual mode - No USB charging For the price, this camera is good enough