Canon EOS 6D

Announced Sep 17, 2012 •
20 megapixels | 3 screen | Full frame sensor
Joed700

The Canon EOS 6D is quite a performer in term of image quality and low light performance.  It even outperforms it's bigger brother, the 5D Mark III in several areas:  dynamic range, low noise at high ISO, low light focusing ability where the 5D Mark III would fail and most importantly, better value.  I paid $1100 for the body along with a Canon printer w/photo papers. The only thing negative about the 6D is that it performs poorly, I meant really poor when it comes to sports/action shots.  ...

karlwunsch

I wanted to go FF and hesitated a long time between this camera and Nikon D600. In the end I got swayed by the better lens portfolio on Canon side, more specifically by the peerless 70-200 f2.8L USM IS II and to some extent also by the fear of having to deal with the oil spots issue. I do not regret my decision, although the camera is not perfect. There are a couple of shortcomings with respect to both comparably priced competition and 5dmk3, but I'll leave that to spec homework. There are ...

Sc6566

usually people compare the 6D with the 5D mk III. i think that it is actually a better 5D mk II at a lower price. i think that that what it was intend and so it achieve that goal beautifully.

Not overly impressed with AF compared to cannons higher end models. Nice gadget cam but not my personal choice for 5D MK III and 1DX backups. 7.25/10.0 just spend the extra grand for the 5D MK III and you will be much happier in every way. Problems: Banding at ISO 3200+...early model??? either way not as good as other canon cameras. C+