Canon EF 35-80mm f/4.0-5.6 III

Zoom lens | Canon EF
DwrCymru

I come across all these old posts about lenses that are now available on various sites for sale. Some, when the lenses first came out make them sound as though they were a pile of rubbish compared to lenses that cost 20 times more, well, I got this lens attached to an old "EF-M" film camera, the shutter was destroyed beyond repair, the lens was absolutely filthily, dirt, grease, and stuck on UV filter. That, was to me the shining light of getting a lens in pristine condition. This lens had ...

mburns

I bought this lens to activate my Canon EOS 650 SLR camera. I thought that a small zoom range would be best for the money spent, and I am not disappointed. It's more compact than other zooms, which improves the style of the camera. The combination does not necessarily tip forward when set down on a table. I am unable to discover any aberrations by inspection in that large viewfinder, maybe some flare from lamp lights. There is no pincushion effect at the normal focal length of 42mm. No ...

As a general purpose zoom lens it is nothing special...but remove the front lens elements and put in a UV filter to close the front and it becomes a super macro lens...You lose infinity focus though, but for the price (about 40 USD used), it is truly a great poor man's macro.

orbon

Value for money little lens.Your camera feels like a lensless body and becomes very versatile friend.Low cost+average glass. Can't perform or be compared with L lenses, even with the higher($$) grades.I think is more like a complement to the 18-55 kit.That +25mm makes it a small tele.Sometimes helpful when the subject is not close or when shooting tight scenes. As i said average optical quality,plastic built, but can be bought for small backs worth the try.;-)