Canon EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM User Reviews

Zoom lens | Canon EF | 2562A002
LMCasey

This doesn't even reach the level of mediocre in my opinion. Does it ever get sharp? Try f8, f11, and it's still not that great. The build quality seems about as cheap as any other lens I can think of (wait a minute, the original efs 18-55 kit lens is even worse). In addition, these days, the range of this lens is not tremendously useful IMO. For me personally, a walkaround lens needs to start at 24 on the wide end. To each his own though; plenty of people have a fondness for this lens, and ...

Using 5D mark11 great center sharpness useful range as walk around lens just dont expect edge to edge sharpness. Problems: Very poor edge and corner sharpness so I bought a cheep Tamron to compare and the difference is great the Canon looks like a coke bottle in corners where the Tamron is quite sharp. Maybe my Canon lens copy is bad

Owned it when I was in the college. Quite a decent lens considering the affordable price and the image output, especially when stopping down to f/8. Recommended lens to students. Problems: Zoom ring is as smooth as L series lens. The built is not solid in general.