Canon PowerShot SD550 (Digital IXUS 750 / IXY Digital 700)

Announced Aug 22, 2005 •

amazing little camera. easy to use. great images. Problems: absolutely do not drop. will cost an arm and a leg to repair.

This is ny 3rd camera. I own a Sony P100 and a Canon EOS 350D. This is a Very Good Camera.. sharp pictures and good video to boot. Problems: None

This is the first digicam I owned, but I have played around w/ other cams before that were nowehere in the same league as this. Very quick response time, excellent zoom capacity, superb clarity, and the features are equally as good as having your own desktop's software right in your hands. Problems: Annoying way to switch from View to Automatic to Manual, etc. I always think it might break. That's why I gave this 4.5 in construction, because all is else is perfect.

This was a great upgrade for me, moving from an S40 to the SD550. It's easy to use and a great point and shoot and fits in my pocket to bring everywhere. Problems: I haven't had any problems.

If you have large hands, the overall size and layout takes some getting used to.The main-mode switch is barely larger than a dime. The larger LCD screen resulted in all of the controls being scrunched into a very small space on the right side of the screen. Interestingly, however, it does seem easy enough to access everything, even if you are all thumbs. And, due to its size, looks and feel it will likely become your constant companion. It has a real quality of construction about it that ...

Excellent still and video quality from a small, well-consructed camera. I wish the info displayed in the playback mode included shutter speed and aperature. Problems: I am quite dissatisified with the documentation provided with the camera: a) My camera was shipped with guide books called Basic, Advanced, and Software Starter; all three admonish the user to install the accompanying Canon Digital Camera Solution Disk before connecting the camera to any computer. Another document, however, ...

I have used this camera for about 2 months. It is a very good camera. Fast response time in all aspects, easy to use, ... Problems: It will be excellent if anit-shake can be added.

Upgraded to the Ixus 750 from an old Kodak DX3215 (1.3 megapixel) - yes.. just a small upgrade.. I am highly impressed with this camera. i researched for a couple of months before finally deciding on this one. the optical viewfinder was one reason 'for' this camera and against others. The build quality is excellent, the menus easy to navigate and it's small size is a winner. i love it.

Great build quality from Canon that gives you a sense of luxury lacking in any other camera. A bit pricey but it deserves any cent spent. Very large and bright screen, a bit pixellated for a 2,5 inches but great anyaway (nothing relevant). Image quality is very very good as Canon standard. Finally two useful and important things at the same time: - Re-chargable battery - Excellent portability Problems: No problem with Canon

No regrets after buying this gem. I've been reading consumer reviews for this camera and others (S80, DSCN1, DSCN2, Nikon P1, S4) for months b4 finally deciding to get SD550. Been using it for 2 weeks now. No negative surprises. Camera delivered what was expected of it. Perfect match for my 150x 1GB SD card. Fast response. Acceptable video to think this is not a fulltime video camcorder. Just luv the large 2.5" screen. Just the right size for me. I'm a happy buyer! c",) Problems: Not really ...