Canon PowerShot G3 User Reviews

Announced Sep 19, 2002 •

Used this G3 for more than 4 years now. In first used it just like a P&S camera, but nowadays more like a DSLR because of its possibilities, even totally manual operation is possible and indeed use it sometimes. Combined with a decent Metz-flash, a Kenko 2X teleconvertor, a pola- and UV-filter and lenshood it is still my ideal travel-companion. Use it normally at ISO50 and only when neccessary higher ISO. Great machine and it served me for years now! Image-quality is great for this 4 MP camera ...

roudou31

It is a very good camera. Very Good pictures but bad video. If you want a camera for picture and video movies, do not buy this one. If you want a camera to take good pictures, buy it. The F:2 opening is very interesting in bad low conditions !! Actually you an find one all around 150-200 USD. If you find one in mint condition, buy it !!

Have had this for 2 years now - I am yet to find a better camera (P&S) to upgrade! This is possibly the best digital P&S i have ever had

mervwilliams

I've owned this camera for 3 years now and taken thousands of shots, so I guess a review is long overdue. Without doubt the best compact I've ever owned. Even 3 years on the image quality stands up to cameras being produced today. In general this has been my point & shoot camera and one I used on holidays to capture that moment in a flash without messing around in settings. It’s been great for this and 99% of the shots in Auto have been very impressive. It also has great features and ...

CatStevens11

Very good camera. Served very well for years... Now well-deserved retirement Problems: No problems

:MArC-OH

Great Camera, this is my comment after 2 years and an half of use! Incredibile images, also amazing usage with flash like the new 430EX (but autofocus flash built-in assist lamp dit's not driven by G3). Problems: The only issues that I find: 1) Optical Viewfinder: unuseful with it's bad image quality. 2) Chromatic aberrations at F4.

REapper

For those who can't tell the distance - go buy yourself a ruler. If you go closer than 0.5 m use macro mode. When shooting kids use pre-focus (half-press the shutter). You can even lock the focus by pressing the MF button. Problems: The stupid wheel goes backward when spun too fast.

markie205

Who cares what I say this many years after purchase. But, it's a great camera, never lacking for features that I might occasionally need. It takes beautiful pictures and its off-body Canon flash does great things. The G3 was my second digital camera. When I got the first, a nice-for-its-day Kodak, I had difficulty switching from halide to digital because I couldn't make an easy transition from external controls to menu-based choices. Once I figured it out, though, I like Canon's logic and ...

Love it after using if for more than a year.