Apple Aperture User Reviews

Announced Mar 15, 2012 •
Professional Image Editor | Standalone application

DAM and editing (with all the available plug-ins you'd ever need) is unmatched, even 1.5 years after Apple decided to ditch it (yet they drag out FCP X and Logic X).  Search, keyboarding, EXIF/IPTC editing, layouts, and printing, oh, and the sharing plug-ins like SmugMug are fantastic. Truly it is a shame Apple has discontinued the product, I guess their cash reserves were getting low. :-x

Crispyinasia

I bought this product about 18 months ago, over Lightroom, on some basic playing and some friends using it as well.  It was fine, but when Apple nuked it and discontinued it, I was very disappointed that Aperture users have been abandoned....  Anyway, I migrated over to Lightroom which I have found to be significant steps ahead of Aperture, and am now sad that I wasted over $100 on it in the first place!

D Roberts

I love it! Works perfectly and logically, plenty of plug-in's, quite intuitive and with my Mac, it produces a wedding-full of files FAST!

After spending more time with Aperture again for a week I am more "comfortable" with it. I would now give it 4 stars, the ease of organization and the "touchup"...5 stars! There is a learning curve when you come from Adobe products; however, the ease of organizing your photographs is second to none. I would rate this feature 5 starts. Pixelmator was extremely helpful and a great addition. The rest is just spending time viewing the tutorials, downloading the manual and practicing. There are ...

Franklin J Ellias

I went from Essentials to Aperture and then added Pixelmator. If I had it to do over again I would stick with Adobe products. They are easier to use and have great tools. :-(

Michael H West

I have to say coming from Photoshop it there is a learning curve, but if you want to take the time to look at youtube the system really is good and have pretty much use it 100% now for my photos. Its not Photoshop but if you don't want to spend the money, or do a lot of heavy photoshop, and organize your photos in a program this is for you.