Sigma 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM

Announced Oct 16, 2013 •
Zoom lens | Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Sigma SA Bayonet, Sony/Minolta Alpha | 635

Only just bought this lens to compliment the 18-35 Sigma. So far I'm very impressed, there is some chromatic abberations in high contrast areas - bright skies where trees are present but LR5 soon resolves this issue, outstanding performance on my 70D and great as a walkaround GP lens but will also be using it professionally at weddings etc just for the flexibility of the zoom - 38-168 on FF not terribly wide but I have the 18-35 on my 7D for wider shots plus my 70-200 for longer FL shots.

Hello. I finally received the lens! So far I have not had a lot of time to try it out, but I thought my first impression might be of interest to some of you. Here goes: (1) Big, heavy and seems constructed like a tank (2) Perfectly recognized by my D600 (3) The zoom ring is very "hard" (to turn) (4) The auto-focus is fast and silent (compared to my Nikkor 180mm f2.8)

Mickeloni

I got the lens 2 months ago and tested it extensively with my D800 on a trip through Sri Lanka as standard lens. The extra zoom range compared to 24-70 is significant and especially for portraits and general street fotography a real advantage. Futher I used it as Sports lens to capture my kitesurf colleagues. The AF is extremely fast and precise, therfore the lens is just perfect for fast moving objects. Furthermore the OS does a great Job when Shooting e.g. from a boat/bus etc. The built ...

These are my impression of the lens as it was used with Canon 5D Mark II. Let's get the negatives out of the way--the zoom ring is fairly stiff as compared to a Canon L lens and I'm not in favor of the zoom ring placed toward the front glass and the focus ring on the back. And the other issues I have with is the fact that the lens has a double-barrel tubes, not weather sealed, and uses an 82mm filters. Now, to the positives, which are many--the build-quality on this lens is superb, it just ...