Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2

Announced Jul 19, 2006 •
JuanAntonio Garcia

Has become a great surprise. Love to take it everywhere and very reliable. Other cameras have come and gone and this one still here. Problems: None

This camera does exactly what I wanted. It's small enough to be unobtrusive in any situation but powerful enough to capture shots a dslr wouldn't. It's hands on in a darkroom like way with RAW format which gives it lots of artistic capability. It wasn't extremely expensive, so it doesnt have that "precious" quality of say a Leica, but does have all of the same attributes. I haven't had this much fun with photography since I bought my first slr and set up my b&w darkroom. Problems: It is ...

Excellent, well designed "point and shoot" camera with full manual features. I enjoy the 16:9 format and shooting in RAW gives me full post-processing flexibility. The image stabilization feature is very good. I'm able to photograph indoors under dimly lit conditions using low ISO and slow shutter speeds (hand held) for very acceptable photos. An optical viewfinder would have been nice, but the LCD screen is the best I've ever seen. Overall, I'm extremely satisified with the LX-2.

pereg

Great wideangle camera with manual control, RAW and very good image quality.

Jeremy

It's strange that this Panasonic LX2 is 99% identical to the Leica D-LUX 3 but the readers' comment can be so much difference. Most Leica's users rate the D-LUX 3 at full mark. Anybody can clearly point out what's their difference? Personally, based on some comparson photos on internet, I find that the Panasonic's is even more colourful and deliver more pleasant photo than Leica.

Excellent small camera, full manual controls etc. My preferences: contrast LOW, so noise is a few controlled Noise reduction LOW, so ISO 200 is very usable

Great small camera with excellent optics and RAW format. Problems: Flash-shoe contact would be a nice addition.

It is is a cunning little camera, jewel-like, and well designed ( I have the black version) and Ive shot about 1000 pictures with it and so far gotten some excellent photographs. I like almost everything about it, the resolution - the Leica lens is a winner - the w.a. lens especially in conjunction with the wide-screen format makes for some really nice pictures. The menus are easy to use and quick. Now for the issue of noise.yes, it's noisy at speeds much over 100. But there's good noise ...