Olympus E-520 (EVOLT E-520)

Announced May 13, 2008 •
10 megapixels | 2.7 screen | Four Thirds sensor
walaki

Bought in a double zoom kit with 14-42 f3.5-5.6 and 40-150 f 4.0-5.6 nearly two years ago. I've been shooting almost everything, and I have to say, that it takes very good pictures. I love the colours, especially when set to vivid. It creates a strong color effect and I use that option mainly for macro and portrait. Shooting sports is pretty easy with the 40-150 but only at daylight. Lots of people complain about the 3 focus points. I have to tell you, thatit isn't a disaster. For example, I ...

athan

i love this camera Problems: the image stabilazer is inside to body

ktwse

I've been using the E-520 during a three week trip to the US this summer along with the 12-60 and 50-200 SWD lenses. From my experience, the image quality is very similar to the E-3 (which I used before), it is very easy to use and it is more feature packed than any of its competitors. Outstanding value for money. Rating based on comparison within its class, obviously. Problems: None.

Snookerman

Smashing. Took me a while to decide to jump in on the DSLR market, after having SLRs for years. I was waiting for something that was good in the hand, had great image quality, good features and was a decent price. What I'm very impressed with here is the quality of the kit lenses - smashing. And those Olympus blues and greens are really well done. I did loads and loads of research, and I think I bought the camera that was right for me - it's great value for money and produces superb results.