Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake

Announced Jun 16, 2009 •
Wideangle prime lens | Micro Four Thirds | 261564
Noosaboy

This lens disappoints due to it's poor sharpness.  Physically it converts my M5 to a pocket camera but at the detriment of a good photograph.

Humansvillian

For my current wants and needs, the photo quality of every one of the four lenses I have for my two Olympus E-PL1 cameras is more than good enough. There's nothing at all lacking in the standard 14-42 kit lenses or the cheap telephoto 40-150R lenses that Oly makes for less than one night's stay in a decent but not fancy hotel room.  They cover a wide focal range. The Panasonic 25mm 1.7 prime lens costs less than $250, and with it you have a classic 50mm prime lens to walk around with. But the ...

nice light and slim, but optically it is a bit disappointing. It is as a m4/3 not fast enough and not really really sharp. ok it is a pancake, I do not have to expect too much. I went for the Panasonic 20 1.7 II If you want good images, go for the Panasonic 20 1.7. But the Oly is still lighter and smaller. The girls (9y; 13y) love it. The use it on the e-pl3

Michiel van Eeden

Compact lens for a fair price. The autofocus speed is disappointing when compared to other M43 lenses. The 14-42mm II probably is a better lens in almost every aspect, but I hate the handling of that one: always necessary to "switch it on", autofocus of the (II) kit zoom is much faster than the 17/2.8 ...