LG has launched the LG G Pro 2 in Korea and the new device's global launch is expected at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next week. With its 5.9-inch 1080p IPS screen the new model falls firmly into the phablet category and follows last year's Optimus G Pro in the LG lineup.
With its super-slim bezel and controls on the back, the G Pro 2 follows the design language of LG's current top-of-the-line model, the G2, but offers another option for those users who prefer a larger screen than the G2's 5.2-inch variant. The new model also comes with an evolved version of LG's KnockON feature that we first saw on the G2. It allows you to power on and unlock the device by tapping the screen using one of 86,367 knock combinations. This works with the display on or off.
With 3GB RAM and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor the G Pro 2 offers plenty of power for running even demanding apps, but what LG has to say about the camera module sounds interesting, too. Like the G2 and Optimus G Pro the G Pro 2 captures 13MP images - but according to the press release, the sensors of both rear and front cameras have increased in size. Unfortunately the size increase has not been quantified, but we will update this story as soon as we get further information.
Apart from the larger sensors, the new optical image stabilization system sounds promising. OIS+ combines optical IS with digital IS to achieve even more stable handheld shooting and smoother video. Other new camera features include the following:
- 120fps HD slow motion video
- 4K video recording
- Magic Focus allows you to select the focus point in an image after it has been taken, similar to Nokia's Refocus app or the Lytro lightfield camera
- Natural Flash aims for a more natural white balance when taking flash pictures
- Flash for Selfie reduces the size of the preview screen and uses most of the screen as a soft white light to illuminate your self-portrait
- Burst Shot takes up to 20 shots in a burst and automatically edits them to create a video of the captured images
- Gallery Collage lets you create collages from images you select in your gallery
We are hoping to get an LG G Pro 2 into our hands soon to test the new camera features and give it our full review treatment.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (2.26 GHz Quad-Core)
- Qualcomm Technologies’ Adreno 330 GPU
- 5.9-inch Full HD IPS (1920 x 1080) screen
- 3GB DDR3 RAM
- 16GB/32GB storage and microSD slot
- 13.0MP rear camera with OIS+
- 2.1MP front camera
- 3,200mAh removable battery
- Android 4.4 KitKat
|Classic Cruisers by Surfwalker|
from Song Titles- Little Deuce Coupe
|Gosford Reflections DP by MarioSS|