While most apps ask photographers to choose between the front and back camera to take a photo, Dblcam asks “why not both?”
Dblcam, a free iOS app from the company that brought us Prinstagram, takes two photos at the same time—one from the front camera and one from the back. The app then combines the images to make one collaged photo.
While the obvious selfie+scenery photos pop up on Dblcam’s Instagram feed, the majority of images are creative compositions that show two side of a moment in time.
Check out some photos (and captions) from Dblcam's Instagram:
iOS users can download Dblcam for free from the App Store.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%