Business Insider: Apple starting production of iPhone 5S in December
In a move that has some iPhone 5 owners frustrated, Apple will reportedly begin to manufacture the iPhone 5S in December. The news was originally reported by the Chinese-language news site the Commercial Times and picked up by Digitimes and Business Insider.
According to Business Insider:
The initial run will be small: 50,000-100,000 units.
Apple has reportedly "accelerated" the certification process for parts and materials in the new phone because of production problems with the iPhone 5.
The iPhone 5S is expected to hit full production in the first quarter, which might suggest a spring release. That would be a first for a new iPhone. For the first several years, the new models were launched in June, with the launches shifting to September in the past two years.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%