3 Legged Thing launches low-cost, lightweight universal L-Bracket
UK tripod manufacturer 3 Legged Thing has introduced a new, lightweight universal L-Bracket that offers full cable port access for a range of Canon and Nikon cameras, and which has a thread on its upright so users can attach accessories such as mics or flash brackets.
The QR11-L is designed to make switching from landscape orientation to portrait quick and easy when using a tripod. It is made from magnesium alloy, to be lightweight while still protecting the camera, and features a large cut-out area that offers varying degrees of access to microphone, headphone and USB/HDMI ports located on the camera’s end panel depending on the brand and model of camera. (We've included a compatibility list is below).
Each axis has a strap lug and the base rail is shaped to be clamped into Arca Swiss style heads. For storage, the two plates come apart using a supplied tool and the whole kit fits into a drawstring bag for transportation.
The 3 Legged Thing QR11-L comes in a choice of Copper or Slate colors and will cost £49.99/$49.99 when shipping begins on August 1st. For more information see the 3 Legged Thing website.
A GUIDE TO COMPATIBILITY
One of the most common questions we receive is about compatibility with cameras. This guide is designed to show you what you should expect. The QR11 fits most modern cameras, but may require some adjustment or compromise.
The following cameras support the QR11, and enable full access to battery and cable doors.
- CANON - 760D, 80D
- NIKON - D3300, D3400, D5300, D5500, D5600, D500, D610, D700, D7000, D7100, D800, D810
The following cameras support the QR11, and with a small adjustment, enable access to battery, cable door, or both.
- CANON - 5D II, 5D III, 5D IV, 6D, 7D, 7D II, 700D, 750D
- NIKON - D750
The following cameras support the QR11, but access to the cable and battery doors is impeded.
- CANON - 100D, 1300D, M3, M5
- NIKON - 1V3, 1J5
- SONY - A68, A77, A99, A99ii, A5000, A6000, A6300, A6500, A7, A7ii, A7r, A7s
- FUJI - X100/S/T, X-E2/S, XT1, XT2, XT10
- OLYMPUS - E-M1, E-M1 II, E-M10 II, E-M5 II, E-PL7, E-PL8, PEN-F
- PENTAX - K-1, K-3 II, K-50, K-70, K-S2
3 Legged Thing QR11-L Universal L-Bracket
The new QR11-LG Quick Release Plate comes with a 110mm base, side bracket with cable access and 1/4”-20 accessory mount, compatible with standard Arca Swiss® clamps and heads. Designed to make the switch from landscape to portrait quick and easy, and with a side mount for optional accessories, the QR11-LG takes L Bracket functionality into the 21st century.
SO, WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- QR11-LG Quick Release L Bracket
- Stagsden Stainless Steel camera screw
- Retaining bolts (2.5mm hex) for horizontal axis security
- Toolz - Multi Tool, hex key, coin key, key ring, carabiner and bottle opener
- Tough drawstring bag
- Elevated Street Credibility (not guaranteed)
- Two piece L Bracket, that can be disassembled for when stowage space is limited
- 1/4"-20 side mount, for adding accessories (monitors, microphones etc)
- Precision engineed plate profiles for secure connection to your tripod head
- Base slot for strap attachment or Peak Design® Anchor connection
|My Garden by Mitchmeister|
from The Secret Garden
|Crowded Skies by Rushlin|
from Seven types of aircraft - lighter than air
At Sony's press conference at Photokina the company announced that 12 more E-mount lenses will be arriving over the next two years. In addition, the company is working to utilize artificial intelligence in its technologies, with one application being Eye AF trained to detect animal eyes.
Micro Four Thirds users will soon get a super fast, constant aperture wide angle zoom.
The latest Samsung midrange smartphone offers a super-wide-angle lens in its triple-camera setup.