Fujifilm X70 puts 28mm equivalent F2.8 lens into compact X100-style body
Fujifilm has announced the X70, a fixed-lens compact camera designed in the spirit of the company's X100-series.
The X70 takes the design of the X100, shrinks it down, and adds a 28mm equivalent F2.8 lens (compared to the 35mm equiv. F2 optics on the X100). The cool hybrid viewfinder from the X100 is gone, but in exchange users get Fujifilm's first touchscreen LCD (3" in size), which can also tilt 180 degrees. The X70 has direct controls for aperture, shutter speed and exposure compensation, just like its big brother.
The guts of the camera are similar to that of the X-T10, meaning that the X70 has a 16.3MP X-Trans CMOS II sensor and Hybrid AF system. The AF system offers 49 points in single-point mode and 77 in zone and wide/tracking modes. The lens itself has nine rounded aperture blades and a minimum focus distance of 10cm. The mechanical shutter stops at 1/4000 sec but the electronic shutter goes all the way to 1/32000 sec.
The X70 has a standard ISO range of 200-6400, which expands to 100-51200. It can shoot continuously at 8 frames per second, though only for ten photos. Naturally, it has the full set of Film Simulation Modes, save for the new ACROS mode on the X-Pro2. Video can be recorded at 1080/60p, with a maximum bitrate of 36Mbps. As one would expect, the X70 also has built-in Wi-Fi with remote control from your smartphone.
The X70 will be available in all-black or silver and black in February at a price of $699.95.
Online resellers are selling the X70 for $799 - Fujifilm tells us that the $699 price in the press release is indeed correct.
FUJIFILM ANNOUNCES NEW ADDITIONS TO THE X-SERIES LINE OF CAMERAS AND LENSES
X-Pro2, X-E2S, X70 and XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR join the X-Series; all-weather FinePix XP90 gets the shot from sand to slopes
Valhalla, N.Y., January 14, 2016 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation, a leader in digital imaging, today announced new additions to the award-winning X-Series line of premium fixed and mirrorless cameras, and ultra-high quality lenses, including: the FUJIFILM X-Pro2, FUJIFILM X-E2S, FUJIFILM X70 and FUJINON XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR. Fujifilm also introduced the new rugged and waterproof FinePix XP90, perfect for capturing amazing images everywhere, from underwater to mountain tops.
The FUJIFILM X70 is a newly designed premium fixed lens digital camera that features a FUJINON 18.5mmF2.8 lens (28mm in 35mm format equivalent), suitable for a range of applications from landscapes to everyday snapshots. The new X70 elegantly combines simple manual operation with superior image quality and versatile picture-taking functions, and is the first X-Series camera to offer a touchscreen display that rotates 180 degrees, enabling users to shoot from up high, down low and capture selfies.
The compact FUJIFILM X70 uses a 16.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor for extraordinary image resolution, and gives photographers milled aluminum dial controls, as well as aperture settings in 1/3 stop increments, and the new Auto Mode Switch lever for selecting its fully automatic Advanced SR Auto mode. In this mode, the camera automatically chooses the optimum settings for great results on any scene.
The new FUJIFILM X70 features a responsive touchscreen – a first for the X-Series. Now, photo enthusiasts can use the Touch Panel for operations during shooting and playback modes. For shooting, users can select their focus area and touch-to-shoot. During playback, users can swipe their finger to scroll through images, double-tab to enlarge images, and drag to view different points on the picture, and pinch-out and pinch-in to enlarge and reduce the image view.
Users can also disable the touchscreen functions at any time by turning the Touch Panel Settings to “off.”
FUJIFILM X70 key features:
- 16.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
- Fast AF of up to 0.06 seconds
- Start-up time of 0.5 seconds
- Shutter time lag of 0.05 seconds
- Shooting interval of 0.5 seconds
- Uses the FUJINON 18.5mm F2.8 lens with 7 elements in 5 groups, and 2 high-performance aspherical elements
- 9 blade aperture
- FUJINON's unique HT-EBC coating
- High-definition, touchscreen 3” tilting (180o) LCD display with 1.04 million dots
- Maximum ISO performance up to 51200 sensitivity
- New AF system offers the 49-point Single Point mode for fast, precise focusing, and a new Zone and Wide/Tracking modes with a 77-point area to capture moving subjects
- Up to ±3 stops of exposure compensation on the top-plate dial
- 8 function buttons (1 customizable)
- Latest CLASSIC CHROME Film Simulation mode that delivers muted tones and deep colors
- Interval timer for shooting time-lapse sequences of one second to 24 hours, up to 999 frames
- Completely silent electronic shutter capable of exposures up to 1/32,000 second
- Digital teleconverter offers additional focal ranges of 35mm and 50mm
- Full HD video 1080p at 60fps; bit rate of 36Mbps for clear capture of delicate movements; frame rates of 60 fps, 50fps, 30fps, 25fps and 24fps, supporting worldwide motion picture formats
- Free FUJIFILM Camera Remote application and Wireless Communication function allows users to remotely shoot images from smartphones and tablets via WiFi
- Photos can be sent to the INSTAX Share Printer using the free INSTAX Share App (iOS and Android) SHARE Smartphone Printer
- Advanced creative filters
The FUJIFILM X70 will be available in February 2016 for USD $699.95 and CAD $899.99.
Fujifilm X70 specifications
|Body type||Large sensor compact|
|Max resolution||4896 x 3264|
|Other resolutions||3:2 (3456 x 2304, 2496 x 1664), 16:9 (4896 x 2760, 3456 x 1944, 2496 x 1408), 1:1 (3264 x 3264, 2304 x 2304, 1664 x 1664)|
|Image ratio w:h||1:1, 3:2, 16:9|
|Effective pixels||16 megapixels|
|Sensor photo detectors||17 megapixels|
|Sensor size||APS-C (23.6 x 15.6 mm)|
|Processor||EXR Processor II|
|Color filter array||X-Trans|
|ISO||Auto, 200-6400 (expandable to 100-51200)|
|Boosted ISO (minimum)||100|
|Boosted ISO (maximum)||51200|
|White balance presets||7|
|Custom white balance||Yes|
|JPEG quality levels||Fine, standard|
|Optics & Focus|
|Focal length (equiv.)||28 mm|
|Autofocus assist lamp||Yes|
|Digital zoom||Yes (35mm, 50mm digital teleconverter)|
|Normal focus range||10 cm (3.94″)|
|Number of focus points||77|
|Screen / viewfinder|
|Screen type||TFT LCD|
|Minimum shutter speed||30 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed||1/4000 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic)||1/32000 sec|
|Flash range||7.90 m (at ISO 1600 (5.5m at ISO 100))|
|Flash modes||Auto, Forced Flash, Slow Synchro , Suppressed Flash, Commander|
|Continuous drive||8.0 fps|
|Self-timer||Yes (2 or 10 secs)|
|Exposure compensation||±3 (at 1/3 EV steps)|
|AE Bracketing||±1 (at 1/3 EV, 2/3 EV, 1 EV steps)|
|Resolutions||1920 x 1080 (60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, 24p), 1280 x 720 (60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, 24p)|
|USB||USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec)|
|Remote control||Yes (Wired or via smartphone)|
|Battery description||NP-95 lithium-ion battery & charger|
|Battery Life (CIPA)||330|
|Weight (inc. batteries)||340 g (0.75 lb / 11.99 oz)|
|Dimensions||113 x 64 x 44 mm (4.45 x 2.52 x 1.73″)|
Feb 8, 2016
Aug 25, 2016
Aug 25, 2016
Apr 18, 2016
|Fujifilm X-70 X Series Silver Digital Camera with 18.5mm Lens, 64GB Card, and Case Bundle||$699.00|
|Fujifilm X-70 X Series Silver Digital Camera with 18.5mm Lens, 32GB Card, and Case Bundle||$699.00|
|Common Flashwing by digimania|
from canon dslr
|The Marilyn impersonator by Lee8282|
from Blowing in the Wind (Nature)