Canon PowerShot SX720 HS boasts new 40x zoom lens with a compact form factor
Canon has released a new long-zoom compact dubbed the PowerShot SX720 HS. New for this model is a lens with a wider zoom range compared to its predecessor, offering a 35mm-equivalent of 24-960mm at F3.3-6.9. The sensor remains a 20.3MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS unit with a DIGIC 6 image processor.
In addition to the new lens, the SX720 HS has a redesigned grip, and battery life has increased to a CIPA-rated 250 shots (355 in ECO mode). Photos can be composed on a 3" LCD display with 922k dots. The camera carries over Canon's Zoom Framing Assist system to automatically zoom in or out to follow subject movement and more accurately keep focus, and also comes with the Story Highlight feature to automatically compile images and videos from a day or event into a highlight reel with music and effects. Speaking of video, the SX720 can capture 1080/60p clips with stereo sound.
The SX720 HS will be available in March 2016 with an MSRP of $379.99.
TAKE THAT CAMERA TO GO! CANON U.S.A LAUNCHES COMPACT POWERSHOT G7 X MARK II AND POWERSHOT SX720 HS DIGITAL CAMERAS
Newest Canon PowerShot Digital Cameras Offer Outstanding Quality in Convenient Compact Size
MELVILLE, N.Y., February 17, 2016 – Ideal for both advanced amateur and pro photographers looking for a convenient, high performance compact camera with the ability to connect to compatible digital devices, Canon U.S.A. Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, proudly introduces the compact PowerShot G7 X Mark II1 and lightweight PowerShot SX720 HS digital cameras.
Canon’s new PowerShot G7 X Mark II digital camera pairs a 1.0-inch, 20.1 Megapixel* CMOS sensor with Canon’s new DIGIC 7 Image Processor to help reduce noise and deliver outstanding image quality, even in low light shooting situations. The PowerShot SX720HS digital camera boasts a new 40x Optical Zoom lens (equivalent to 24-960mm), providing outstanding performance, reach and resolution for everyday use and when shooting memorable family events, while easily slipping into a pocket or purse.
“In today’s world, compact cameras must work well with other devices and still offer superb quality. The PowerShot G7 X Mark II and PowerShot SX720 HS cameras both provide outstanding image quality with amazing optical zoom lenses and they easily connect with compatible phones, tablets and other smart devices so great images can be shared and enjoyed” stated Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Sleek and Sophisticated
The first Canon camera to feature Canon’s new high-speed DIGIC 7 Image Processor, the
PowerShot G7 X Mark II digital camera is a model of compact sophistication and speed with a high-quality sleek body and optimum comfort grip. Building on the success of Canon’s PowerShot G7 X digital camera, the PowerShot G7 X Mark II digital camera features a fast startup and improved RAW continuous shooting speed of up to eight frames per second (fps) with short intervals between shots. Additional features include:
- Bright f/1.8 (W) – f/2.8 (T), 4.2x (24–100mm equivalent) optical zoom lens with Canon’s Intelligent Image Stabilizer (IS) and a 9-blade iris diaphragm;
- Multi-angle 3.0-inch capacitive touch panel LCD with a screen resolution of 1.04 million dots and tilt options of 180° up and 45° down;
- Ability to capture 1080p Full HD video in MP4 format with stereo sound;
- Built-in Wi-Fi®** and Near Field Communications (NFC™)*** capability with a dedicated Wi-Fi button for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos;
- Picture Style function that offers superb command of in-camera color, contrast, and sharpness;
- In-camera RAW conversion, making it possible to preview customized image processing modifications on the camera, without the use of a computer;
- Convenient control ring lever that enables users to quickly switch between stepped and continuous ring movement;
- Time-Lapse Movie feature to help capture images at preset intervals and combine them to create a short movie clip;
- Panning feature that allows the camera to lock onto the main subject using Canon’s Intelligent IS technology to automatically adjust the shutter speed for beautiful background blur.
The Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II digital camera is currently scheduled to be available in May 2016 for an estimated retail price of $699.992.
Powerful Zoom Delivers Virtually Shake-Free Images
The Canon PowerShot SX720 HS digital camera is equipped with a new powerful zoom lens and is the ideal choice for amateur photographers looking to take a step up from a smartphone or entry-level digital camera to a lightweight, compact camera. The PowerShot SX720 HS digital camera’s new 40x Optical Zoom lens (24-960mm equivalent focal length range) uses one Hi-UD, three UD and three aspheric lens elements to help achieve high image quality and high magnification, while also utilizing Canon’s Intelligent Imaging Stabilizing (IS) technology for greater optical performance.
As the successor to Canon’s PowerShot SX710 HS digital compact camera, the PowerShot SX720 HS digital camera features increases its zoom range while maintaining compact size for maximum convenience. Additional features include:
- A dedicated Wi-Fi® button for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos utilizing the camera’s built-in WiFi and NFCtechnology;
- 20.3 Megapixel* CMOS sensor with Canon’s DIGIC 6 Image Processor to help deliver outstanding image quality, even in low light;
- 1080p/60 Full HD video capture with stereo sound;
- 3.0-inch LCD (approx. 922,000 dots) to allow for easy viewing, even from a wide angle;
- Zoom Framing Assist that allows the lens to automatically zoom in or out while the camera follows subject movement and helps keep it in focus;
- Story Highlight feature that enables the camera to automatically compile images and videos3 from a certain day or event into a mini-highlight reel with music and effects;
- Creative Shot mode that uses composition, color and lighting from an original image to create artistic images.
- Canon’s PowerShot SX720 HS digital camera is currently scheduled to be available in March 2016 for an estimated retail price of $379.992.
1 This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained.
2 Availability, pricing and specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary.
3 Videos must be shot in Hybrid Auto or Short Clip.
* Image processing may cause a decrease in the number of pixels.
** Compatible with iOS® versions 7.1/8.4/9.0, AndroidTM smartphone and tablet versions 4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/5.1. Data charges may apply with the download of the free Canon Camera Connect app. This app helps enable you to upload images to social media services. Please note that image files may contain personally identifiable information that may implicate privacy laws. Canon disclaims and has no responsibility for your use of such images. Canon does not obtain, collect or use such images or any information included in such images through this app.
*** Compatible with Android smartphone and tablet versions 4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/5.1.
Canon PowerShot SX720 HS specifications
|Max resolution||5184 x 3888|
|Image ratio w:h||1:1, 4:3, 3:2, 16:9|
|Effective pixels||20 megapixels|
|Sensor photo detectors||21 megapixels|
|Sensor size||1/2.3" (6.17 x 4.55 mm)|
|Color filter array||Primary color filter|
|White balance presets||5|
|Custom white balance||Yes|
|JPEG quality levels||Superfine, fine|
|Optics & Focus|
|Focal length (equiv.)||24–960 mm|
|Autofocus assist lamp||Yes|
|Digital zoom||Yes (4X)|
|Normal focus range||5 cm (1.97″)|
|Macro focus range||1 cm (0.39″)|
|Number of focus points||9|
|Screen / viewfinder|
|Screen type||TFT LCD|
|Minimum shutter speed||15 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed||1/3200 sec|
|Flash range||4.00 m|
|Flash modes||Auto, on, off, slow synchro|
|Continuous drive||5.9 fps|
|Self-timer||Yes (2 or 10 secs, custom)|
|Exposure compensation||±2 (at 1/3 EV steps)|
|Resolutions||1920 x 1080 (60p, 30p), 1280 x 720 (30p), 640 x 480 (30 fps)|
|Storage types||SD/SDHC/SDXC card|
|USB||USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec)|
|Wireless notes||802.11b/g/n with NFC|
|Remote control||Yes (via smartphone)|
|Battery description||NB-13L lithium-ion battery & charger|
|Battery Life (CIPA)||250|
|Weight (inc. batteries)||270 g (0.60 lb / 9.52 oz)|
|Dimensions||110 x 64 x 36 mm (4.33 x 2.52 x 1.42″)|
Sep 22, 2016
Sep 20, 2016
Sep 19, 2016
Sep 19, 2016
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sadiqur_Rahman by Sadiqur Rahman|
from Ain't Going to Work on Maggie's Farm no More
|Airborne by John Beavin|
from - How to respect the Flag and Anthem - (Portrait in Full Colours + A Border)