Sigma to reveal new lens at PDN PhotoPlus Expo 2017
Lens maker Sigma will showcase its full range of Sigma Global Vision lenses, Cine high-speed primes and zooms as well as the Foveon sensor-based sd Quattro and Quattro H cameras at the upcoming PDN PhotoPlus Expo 2017 Expo trade show in New York City later this month, but that's not all they're doing.
The company has also announced it will reveal one completely new lens at the show, teasing us with this little detail without revealing anything else about the upcoming glass.
Additionally, a number of photographers and other imaging professionals will take the stage at the Sigma booth and talk about how they use Sigma products in the areas of aviation, editorial, glamour, landscape, travel and wedding photography.
As if those weren't enough reasons to pay a visit, PPE 2017 attendees who visit Sigma's booth (#837) will also have a chance to enter and win a Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 Art lens. Something to think about if you happen to be in New York at the end of October...
Sigma Reveals its PDN PhotoPlus Expo 2017 Line Up and a Brand New Lens
The breakthrough year for Sigma Global Vision Art, Contemporary and Sport lenses on display; brand new lens addition to be unveiled; Sigma Pros light up stage with new presentations
Ronkonkoma, NY – October 4, 2017 – Sigma Corporation of America, a leading still photo and cinema lens, camera, flash and accessory manufacturer, will showcase its full line up of Sigma Global Vision lenses, including a brand-new addition to the line, at the upcoming PDN PhotoPlus Expo 2017 Expo held at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York City from October 26-28, 2017 (booth 837).
The company will also have on hand its breakthrough optics for the cinema market – the Sigma Cine high-speed Primes and Zooms – as well as the Foveon sensor-based sd Quattro and Quattro H cameras.
“Sigma has had a landmark year with the introduction of seven new lenses across our Global Vision and Cine product lines,” states Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America. “Our research and development team is dedicated to creating superior optics that meet the ever-growing requirements of today’s high resolution cameras, taking advantage of every possible design and element to capture the greatest picture detail for both still and moving images. We look forward to showcasing the culmination of what has been a remarkable year in optical advancements for Sigma at this year’s PPE event.”
Sigma 2017 introductions include the award-winning 14mm F1.4 DG HSM Art, 24-70mm F2.8 DG OS HSM Art, 135mm F1.8 DG HSM Art, 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary Sigma Global Vision lenses and the new Sigma Cine FF High Speed 14mm T2 and 135mm T2 prime lenses.
Sigma Special PPE Presentation – Sigma Pro Phenom Jen Rozenbaum
Sigma Pro Jen Rozenbaum will take the PPE stage on Wednesday, October 25, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM to deliver a PPE Master Class on “How to make every woman look amazing.”Jen will share with attendees her vast experience in boudoir photography, providing top tips and secret tricks - from wardrobe to posing - that flatter all women. Jen’s presentation will help attendees understand how to best dress and pose any woman of any size and shape as well as gain confidence behind the camera whether they are shooting boudoir, wedding or seniors!
Master Photographers Take the Sigma Stage
Showcasing the very best in photography craft, the expanded Sigma Pro family will headline the Sigma stage and offer attendees a behind the lens look at the techniques and technology that captured some of the year’s most outstanding photographs in the areas of aviation, editorial, glamour, landscapes, travel and weddings.
This year’s prestigious Sigma Pro PPE stage line-up includes outdoor sports and adventure travel photographer Liam Doran, aviation photo expert Jim Koepnick, renowned bird and travel photographer Roman Kurywczak, fearless woman photographer Jen Rozenbaum, and glamour and wedding photographer Jim Schmelzer.
The exciting topics include (listed by Sigma Pro) and showcase lenses from Sigma Global Vision Art, Contemporary and Sport lines:
- Liam Doran - Adventure Sports Photography: Get a behind the scenes look at the fast-paced world of editorial adventure sports photography with Liam Doran clients Powder, Bike, Ski, Mountain, Outside, Aka Skidor and many more. Showcasing Art and Sport lenses.
- Liam Doran - Signature Images - A Visual Journey: From skiing in Switzerland to mountain biking in Colorado, Liam shares the backstory on how some of his favorite images were shot and which Sigma lenses helped him capture some of his best work. Showcasing Art and Sport lenses. Liam shoots extensively with the 12-24mm F4 DG HSM Art, 24-70mm F2.8 Art, 100-400mm F5-6.3 Contemporary and the 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS Contemporary and the 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM lenses among others.
- Jim Koepnick - Documentary Photography…A Single Lens Solution: While there is a mystique about street photography with an old rangefinder camera and one lens, the bottom line is the photo that is captured, and the story that photo tells the viewer. Jim shares what a pro can do with a Sigma 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM Contemporary lens.
- Jim Koepnick - Air Show Photography - Sigma Has It Covered: Air shows are one of the most popular spectator events in the country, and the wide variety of Sigma lenses make it easy to photograph every aspect of exotic aircraft in the air and on the ground. Learn the best techniques for capturing fast moving planes in flight and making creative images of planes and personalities on the ramp using the Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art, 24-70mm F2.8 Art, 100-400mm F5-6.3 Contemporary and the 150-600mm F5-6.3 Contemporary lenses.
- Roman Kurywczak - For the Love of Landscapes: Roman will take attendees on an inspirational journey showcasing the magic of landscape photography through useful tips, suggested camera settings, instruction on innovative techniques and recommendations for the optimal Sigma brand lenses and gear for capturing stunning images of your very own. Showcasing the Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art, 14mm F1.4 Art, 100-400mm F5-6.3 Contemporary and the 150-600mm F5-6.3 Contemporary lenses.
- Roman Kurywczak - Getting Close for Impact: This educational lecture will show you the technical tips and tricks needed to take your close-up photography to the next level. Attendees will learn how to consistently capture sharp images, front to back, handheld, and all in a single frame with a variety of Sigma lens options including the Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM, 150mm F2.8 EX DG HSM, APO Macro 180mm F2.8 EX DG HSM, 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 Contemporary, 100-400mm F5-6.3 Contemporary and the EM-140 DG Macro Flash.
- Roman Kurywczak - Photographing Wildlife - from Portraits to Action: This exciting photographic journey will give attendees the important information they need to know about photographing wildlife out in the field - from camera settings to Sigma lens and accessory choices. Roman will share striking examples illustrating how the right lens choice positively impacts the image without breaking your budget. Showcasing the Sigma100-400mm F5-6.3 Contemporary, 150-600mm F5-6.3 Contemporary, 300-800mm F5.6 EX DF APO HSM and the 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport lenses.
- Roman Kurywczak - Photography After Dark: This informative how-to program is designed to open up your eyes to the possibilities of photographing landscapes after dark, whether a natural landscape with the star filled sky as a backdrop, or dazzling city lights photographed from a helicopter using a variety of Sigma lenses including the Sigma12-24mm F4 Art, 14mm F1.4 Art and the 24mm F1.4 DG HSM Art lenses.
- Jen Rozenbaum - Bulletproof Posing for All Women: Confidence is just as important behind the lens as it is in front of it! Posing women is a creative challenge for all photographers. Join Jen as she shows her bulletproof tips and tricks for posing women to make them look simply amazing, and give the photographer and subject the confidence that generates an incredible shoot. Showcasing the Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM Art,85mm F1.4 DG HSM Art, and the 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM Art lenses.
- Jim Schmelzer - Glamour Photography Using Exotic Lenses for Impact: Jim will showcase a variety of glamour images shot with Sigma Art and Sport lenses. He will deconstruct shots –sharing tips, including those that he used to capture the stunning images of world-class models from his latest commercial glamour shoot in Cancun Mexico. Showcasing the Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG HSM Art, 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM Sport and the 135mm F1.8 Art lenses.
- Jim Schmelzer - Choosing the Right Lens for Your Wedding Day Assignment:Wedding day photographers must wear a variety of hats. They need to be an architectural photographer, photojournalist, portrait artist and most importantly, they need to be fast and accurate. Look over Jim’s shoulder as he demonstrates how he captures the versatility in images required of today’s modern wedding photographer. Showcasing the Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art, 24-105mm F4 Art, 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art and the 85mm F1.4 Art lenses.
For the Sigma Pro presentation schedule days and times, please visit:https://blog.sigmaphoto.com/event/photoplus-2017/
Sigma Super Giveaways at PPE 2017
PPE 2017 attendees who visit Sigma at booth 837 will have a chance to enter and win a Sigma grand giveaway – a 24-70mm F2.8 Art – an MSRP value of $1299.00 USD!
Re-engineered and introduced in 2017, the newly updated 24-70mm F2.8 Art lens is Sigma’s workhorse zoom lens. It touts a brand new Optical Stabilizer (OS), Hypersonic Motor (HSM) for highly efficient and fast autofocus, as well as a dust- and splash-proof mount with rubber sealing.
The 24-70mm F2.8 Art lens embodies all the technical qualities and finesse that define the high-performance Sigma Global Vision Art series. A popular industry focal range covering a wide array of shooting scenarios, the 24-70mm’s optical design also includes three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements and four aspherical elements to ensure image accuracy and sharpness. The 24-70mm F2.8 Art aspherical elements use Sigma’s thicker center glass design and highly precise polishing process, delivering stunning images and bokeh effects. The lens’ purpose-built structure boasts a new metal barrel for optimal durability with TSC composite internal moving components designed to resist thermal contraction and expansion. Available for Canon, Nikon and Sigma camera mounts.
|The Lone Photographer by ed rader|
from My Best Photo of the Week
|_ERN9064 by ernesto juarez|
from Shoot yourself ! (with your camera)
|Neighbourhood Watch by Stevie Boy Blue|
from Zoo trip ~ Cute...
GoPro has announced its HERO7 camera lineup. The updated action cameras feature new HyperSmooth and TimeWarp modes, as well as improved video and photo specs.
The latest Samsung midrange smartphone offers a super-wide-angle lens in its triple-camera setup.
The Sony 24mm F1.4 is the latest lens to join the company's premium G Master lineup. We've been shooting with one for a couple of days - here's what you need to know.
Apple released iOS 12 a few days ago and some iPhone X users are less than happy with how the new operating system has made their phones look.
Camera bag manufacturer Lowepro has introduced mark II backpacks for its ProTactic AW range with models that are said to feature an improved handling experience as well as a collection of accessories that can be attached to the outside.
Canon has announced its latest superzoom camera, the PowerShot SX70 HS. Compared to the SX60 that came before it, the SX70 has the same lens but offers a higher resolution EVF, 4K video capture and support for Canon's new CR3 Raw format.
Cosina has announced its eighth lens designed specifically for Sony's E-mount system. The Voigtlander 21mm F3.5 lens is due out October 2018.
Sony has taken the wraps off of its new 24mm F1.4 GM full-frame lens, which the company claims is the lightest in its class. Despite its fast aperture, the 24mm F1.4 is remarkably light, weighing just 445 grams (15.7 ounces). The lens will set you back $1400 when it ships next month.
In this episode of DPReview TV we take a look at Sony's brand new 24mm F1.4 GM lens, a desirable focal length for many photographers. How does it perform? Chris and Jordan give us their first impressions.
We've had a little time to shoot with Sony's new wide/fast prime, both close to home and on the water in San Francisco. Check out our initial sample images.
Fujifilm released a firmware upgrade for its X-T3 mirrorless camera that addresses issues with distortion compensation and the mechanical lock on SD cards.
The app's algorithms have been trained using using 200 million cropping data points from real photographers.
Thanks to a software update, the Loupedeck+ editing console can now be used for video editing.
British photographic engineer MTF Services is claiming the world’s first third-party lens adapters for the new Nikon Z system with a collection of four units designed to allow cinema lenses to be mounted on the mirrorless full frame bodies.
Think Tank Photo has updated its line of heavy-duty rain covers and introduced a new, compact version for emergency situations.
The X-T3 is our first opportunity to analyze what's likely to be Fujifilm's next generation image sensor. Take a look at how it performs next to the competition in our studio test scene.
Canon's new normal is seriously sharp wide open. After shooting with it for a few days, we've prepared a gallery of real-world sample images.
Nikon will cease offering Brazil-based customer service and technical support, though the company stresses that it will still offer technical assistance and warranty repairs for valid warranties.
Two years ago, CatLABS of JP announced a plan to save Packfilm from the dead. Now, it's announced it's giving up its efforts to better focus its resources elsewhere.
The GoPro Fusion is designed to make it easy to capture 360-degree video and stills. We took it out recently on a typically hot Seattle summer day to see what it can do.
We've got our hands on a full-production Nikon Z7 camera and have updated our gallery with additional samples.
A new Kickstarter campaign seeks funding for Chroma Chrono, a programmable RGB camera flash that emits multiple colors during long exposures.
Think Tank Photo has launched a new lineup of six dual-access, water-resistant protective lens cases it calls Lens Case Duo.
Canon and Nikon finally entered the full-frame mirrorless market this summer with the brand-new RF and Z mounts. Now that we've had some time with the cameras, we wanted to revisit our earlier predictions and take stock.
The devices' camera specs look pretty much identical to last year's iPhone X but under the hood a number of important improvements have been made.
Blackmagic Design has announced the public beta of its new Blackmagic RAW video codec. The company says the new format combines the benefits of shooting Raw video with the ease of use and smaller file sizes usually associated with non-Raw video files.
Serif, the company behind the Affinity suite, has announced the latest update for its mobile Photoshop competitor Affinity Photo for iPad.
The Atomos Ninja V external video recorder and monitor will be ready to ship at the end of this month. The 5.2in Ninja V is designed to provide a smaller option, while still offering many of the features of the larger 7-inch models.
Having shot with the camera, spoken to Canon and read the tea leaves, here's what DPR Technical Editor Richard Butler thinks the EOS R tells us about Canon and the RF's mount's future.
After last week's teaser, lighting manufacturer Profoto has announced its 'small big' new product. The B10 is designed to be used as studio flash head but in a very small body, and has a powerful continuous light source for videographers as well.