Lives in United Kingdom
Joined on Dec 16, 2009
rtf's current gear
Beautifully made - it just works!
My surprise package - earn's it's keep beside the FF cameras. I really like this camera.
Fantastic camera - don't know if I will ever buy better.
This lens is a stunning portrait lens. Would be the perfect 10 if it had VR.
I would never complain about this lens. It even shines on my D800. The ultimate bargain buy?
Bought this for interior shots of factories using the D800. Really like the way it handles. Sharp enough for me. Distortion is easily corrected in PP. I'm a reluctant wide-angle shooter, so this lens will do the job.
- Metz 58 AF1 Flashgun I have 3 of these. Well specified guns. Been very reliable. Work great with the Nikon CLS system.
- Nikon SB900 A good flash... but it has shut itself down on a few occasions to avoid overheating. The circuit is too sensitive. I would not have another.
- Pixel King Flash Transmitters/Recievers. Just what I was looking for. Now I can get remote HSS up to max shutter speeds with full CLS features at a fraction of the price of pocket wizards. Great product.
rtf's previous gear
- , Minolta Dynax 600si, 700si, Bronica ETRS, Cambo 5x4 Monorail Ah... The Cambo. Out all day, and I would take one photo. Talk about a relaxed way of shooting. But the quality - wow!
- Mamiya RB67 Pro, Fuji S2 Pro, Nikon D50, Nikon D80, Fuji S5 Pro, Fuji S2 Pro - ran a photo-studio using the S2 Pro. Customers still have their 20x16's hanging on their walls. Sorry, I hated the D80.
- Nikon EM, Nikon FG, Canon EOS 650, Minolta SRT101, Minolta X300 Nikon EM - my first ever SLR - £100 in 1980.
- Olympus E-1, E-600, E-3, Nikon D200, Nikon D90 Olympus E-1 loved that camera. A joy to use. E-600 lightweight, and good results for 4/3rds, E-3 poor handling, The consumer E-600 gave far better results. The D200 + D90 were excellent cameras.
Have your say
What's been the most exciting announcement of Photokina?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
Total voters: 5,343
Most popular cameras
In-depth testingLatest Camera ReviewsBeyond the studio testsFeature Articles and VideosPIX VideosTalks, demos and panels711The Canon that canCanon EOS 80D Review372Touchscreen street shooterFujifilm X70 Review2164Upwardly mobileSony a6300 Review338Power ZoomPanasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 Review2501Retro through-and-throughFujifilm X-Pro2 Review333Can we get much wider?Canon EF 11-24mm F4 L USM gallery741In Fine DetailCanon EOS 5DS / 5DS R Review401Inching forward? Canon PowerShot G5 X Review2222FeatureWhat is equivalence?48ArticleTo St. Helens and Back: Olympus TG-Tracker Shooting ExperienceTwice as Nice?Canon EOS 7D Mark II Review391You'll be impressedShootout: Tamron 15-30 F2.8 vs. Nikon 14-24 F2.8198Beyond the table top5 mini tripods reviewed558Ultra-compactSony Cyber-shot RX1R II reviewWhat's that Sound?Shedding some light on the sources of noise1621OpinionThe myth of the upgrade path717Mono a monoLeica Monochrom (Typ 246) hands-on