Lives in United Kingdom
Joined on Dec 16, 2009
rtf's current gear
Beautifully made - it just works!
My surprise package - earn's it's keep beside the FF cameras. I really like this camera.
Fantastic camera - don't know if I will ever buy better.
This lens is a stunning portrait lens. Would be the perfect 10 if it had VR.
I would never complain about this lens. It even shines on my D800. The ultimate bargain buy?
Bought this for interior shots of factories using the D800. Really like the way it handles. Sharp enough for me. Distortion is easily corrected in PP. I'm a reluctant wide-angle shooter, so this lens will do the job.
- Metz 58 AF1 Flashgun I have 3 of these. Well specified guns. Been very reliable. Work great with the Nikon CLS system.
- Nikon SB900 A good flash... but it has shut itself down on a few occasions to avoid overheating. The circuit is too sensitive. I would not have another.
- Pixel King Flash Transmitters/Recievers. Just what I was looking for. Now I can get remote HSS up to max shutter speeds with full CLS features at a fraction of the price of pocket wizards. Great product.
rtf's previous gear
- , Minolta Dynax 600si, 700si, Bronica ETRS, Cambo 5x4 Monorail Ah... The Cambo. Out all day, and I would take one photo. Talk about a relaxed way of shooting. But the quality - wow!
- Mamiya RB67 Pro, Fuji S2 Pro, Nikon D50, Nikon D80, Fuji S5 Pro, Fuji S2 Pro - ran a photo-studio using the S2 Pro. Customers still have their 20x16's hanging on their walls. Sorry, I hated the D80.
- Nikon EM, Nikon FG, Canon EOS 650, Minolta SRT101, Minolta X300 Nikon EM - my first ever SLR - £100 in 1980.
- Olympus E-1, E-600, E-3, Nikon D200, Nikon D90 Olympus E-1 loved that camera. A joy to use. E-600 lightweight, and good results for 4/3rds, E-3 poor handling, The consumer E-600 gave far better results. The D200 + D90 were excellent cameras.
Have your say
Have Your Say: Best Product of 2016
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
Total voters: 3,528
|Race by mdbinasif|
from Your City - Kids Play
|Altaussee Austria by IFRPilot|
|Sunrise at Mono Lake by ed rader|
from My Best Photo of the Week
Most popular cameras
in time for the holidaysCamera Roundups Updatedshop aroundHoliday Gifts for Every Budget89i wanna fly awayBest Camera Drones Under $1500In-depth testingLatest Camera ReviewsBeyond the studio testsFeature Articles and Videosreal world performanceField Test Videossee how we seeSample Galleries185VideoDog Portraits with the Sony a63001127action-packedSony a6500 First Impressions235wide-angle wonderSigma 12-24mm F4 Art Lens ReviewWhat's that Noise?Shedding some light on the sources of noise2341FeatureWhat is equivalence?1291ultimate om-dOlympus E-M1 Mark II Review78instant gratification2016 Instax mini roundup699new kid on the blockYI M1 review