Lives in PA, United States
Works as a Mechanical engineer
Joined on Mar 20, 2011
Landscape photography during spring, summer, and fall. Still life during winter.
HEA-45's current gear
My first wide angle lens. It's designed for cropped sensor (DX) cameras. I bought it used in case I upgrade to a full-frame camera next year.
My main lens for landscape photography. It replaced the used Nikon 18-70 lens purchased with the camera.
- Camera Bag Tamrac Explorer 400: This is my only camera bag. It carries an extra lens, several filters, lens wipes, multi-tool, memory cards, etc.
- L-Bracket system for tripod This is a custom made L-bracket that allows quick changes from portrait to landscape orientation. The system consists of the L-bracket itself and an anti-sag bracket for the camera.
- Lee Filter Foundation kit Contains filter holder, adapter ring, and three (3) neutral density soft-edge graduated filters (.3, .6, and .9 values.)
- Lens hood system for Lee Filter holder This is a custom made lens hood designed to fit the Lee Filter Foundation kit holder. The system consists of of the lens hood itself, a lens hood cover, and a small bracket for the filter holder.
- Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod kit Kit includes the 190XPROB aluminum legs and the 496RC2 ball head. A custom made L-bracket was designed to fit this kit- see description above.
- Miscellaneous items This includes items that I use constantlly: Nikon MC-30 remote release, Hoya HD2 polarizor, Hoya UV filter, and extra camera batteries and memory cards.
- Nikon Capture NX This is my secondary RAW editor. I use this to edit photos that will be printed.
- Nikon View NX2 This is my main RAW editor. Although it has fewer functions than Capture NX, its interface is easier to navigate.
- Personal Computer OS: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit Motherboard: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.50 GHz. Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 1 GB. RAM: 16 GB. Monitor: Dell U2410 24" LCD
- Tiffen variable 2-8 stop ND filter After some research, I decided to purchase a variable ND filter- rather than a filter with one value. This proved to be a wise decision.
HEA-45's wish list
Sorted by most recently added.
Added Aug 24, 2015
Most popular cameras
In-depth testingLatest Camera ReviewsBeyond the studio testsFeature Articles and VideosPIX VideosTalks, demos and panels691The Canon that canCanon EOS 80D Review364Touchscreen street shooterFujifilm X70 Review2136Upwardly mobileSony a6300 Review327Power ZoomPanasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 Review2481Retro through-and-throughFujifilm X-Pro2 Review1067History RepeatingOlympus PEN-F Review1513A lot to Leica? Hands-on with the Leica SL (Typ 601)399Inching forward? Canon PowerShot G5 X ReviewField Test VideoNikon D72002184FeatureWhat is equivalence?712Mono a monoLeica Monochrom (Typ 246) hands-onReady, SteadySony Alpha 7 II Review2159Playing the Ace?Sony Alpha 7R II Review1594OpinionThe myth of the upgrade path546Ultra-compactSony Cyber-shot RX1R II reviewSpeed BoostSony SLT-A77 II Review172Bag ReviewPeak Design Everyday Messenger