Lives in PA, United States
Works as a Mechanical engineer
Joined on Mar 20, 2011
Landscape photography during spring, summer, and fall. Still life during winter.
HEA-45's current gear
A great camera for landscapes. The dynamic range (my main reason for the purchase), a lower ISO rating, the adjustable image size, and great build are just some of the reasons this heavy-duty camera is a great buy.
My first wide angle lens. It's designed for cropped sensor (DX) cameras. I bought it for use with my DX D300S DSLR, but it works well with my FX D810.
My main lens for landscape photography. I have used it for years with a D300S and now with a D810. The long zoom range, the constant aperture, and good build make this a great buy.
- Camera Bag Tamrac Explorer 400: This is my only camera bag. It carries an extra lens, several filters, lens wipes, multi-tool, memory cards, etc.
- L-Bracket system for tripod This is a custom made L-bracket that allows quick changes from portrait to landscape orientation. The system consists of the L-bracket itself and an anti-sag bracket for the camera.
- Lee Filter Foundation kit Contains filter holder, adapter ring, and three (3) neutral density soft-edge graduated filters (.3, .6, and .9 values.)
- Manfrotto MH057N0-Q6 Ball Head This is a high-quality, smooth operating, heavy duty ball head that can support an incredible 33 pound load.
- Miscellaneous items This includes items that I use constantlly: Nikon MC-30 remote release, Hoya HD2 polarizor, Hoya UV filter, and extra camera batteries and memory cards.
- Nikon View NX2 This is my main RAW editor. Although it has fewer functions than Capture NX, its interface is easier to navigate.
- Personal Computer OS: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit Motherboard: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.50 GHz. Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 1 GB. RAM: 16 GB. Monitor: Dell U2410 24" LCD
- Tiffen variable 2-8 stop ND filter After some research, I decided to purchase a variable ND filter- rather than a filter with one value. This proved to be a wise decision.
|Path to infinity by Kaye Cee Alolod|
from Your City - Streets with Vanishing Point
|Red Barn by PinoC|
|Gold Light by ecastellon|
from My Best Photo of the Week
Most popular cameras
Beginner's GuidesGetting StartedPick a winnerCamera Roundups UpdatedIn-depth testingLatest Camera ReviewsBeyond the studio testsFeature Articles and Videosreal world performanceField Test Videossee how we seeSample Galleries2370FeatureWhat is equivalence?shop aroundHoliday Gifts for Every Budget83instant gratification2016 Instax mini roundup1147action-packedSony a6500 First ImpressionsWhat's that Noise?Shedding some light on the sources of noise264wide-angle wonderSigma 12-24mm F4 Art Lens Review708new kid on the blockYI M1 review1337ultimate om-dOlympus E-M1 Mark II Review194VideoDog Portraits with the Sony a630097i wanna fly awayBest Camera Drones Under $1500