Lives in PA, United States
Works as a Mechanical engineer
Joined on Mar 20, 2011
Landscape photography during spring, summer, and fall. Still life during winter.
HEA-45's current gear
A great camera for landscapes. The dynamic range (my main reason for the purchase), a lower ISO rating, the adjustable image size, and great build are just some of the reasons this heavy-duty camera is a great buy.
My first wide angle lens. It's designed for cropped sensor (DX) cameras. I bought it for use with my DX D300S DSLR, but it works well with my FX D810.
My main lens for landscape photography. I have used it for years with a D300S and now with a D810. The long zoom range, the constant aperture, and good build make this a great buy.
- Camera Bag Tamrac Explorer 400: This is my only camera bag. It carries an extra lens, several filters, lens wipes, multi-tool, memory cards, etc.
- Custom made L-Bracket- 2cnd generation This is a custom made L-bracket made for a Nikon D810 and Manfrotto ball head. It allows quick changes from landscape to portrait orientation, and it also allows quick camera detachment.
- Lee Filter Foundation kit Contains filter holder, adapter ring, and three (3) neutral density soft-edge graduated filters (.3, .6, and .9 values.)
- Manfrotto MH057N0-Q6 Ball Head This is a high-quality, smooth operating, heavy duty ball head that can support an incredible 33 pound load.
- Miscellaneous items This includes items that I use constantlly: Nikon MC-30 remote release, Hoya HD2 polarizor, Hoya UV filter, and extra camera batteries and memory cards.
- Nikon View NX2 This is my main RAW editor. Although it has fewer functions than Capture NX, its interface is easier to navigate.
- Personal Computer OS: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit Motherboard: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.50 GHz. Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 1 GB. RAM: 16 GB. Monitor: Dell U2410 24" LCD
Most popular cameras