Panet

Panet

Lives in Brazil Lagoa Seca, Brazil
Works as a physician
Joined on Sep 9, 2011
About me:

A born curious that will die curious.

Panet's recent activity

  • Replied in P900 focus
    Shooting through glass can compromise focusing. Unlike the roses of the poem, a glass is not a glass is not a glass. If the glass is not very clean and most of all, even, and not nearly ...
  • The UV filter topic drifted somewhat to cleaning lenses issues, so, it might be OK to ask about an item called Lenspen? Pros and cons? Thank you.
  • I tried tripods with P900 for max or near max zoom photos. No difference when paired to those taken using rests to the hands/elbows or a tree to the shoulders was detected. When no rest is ...
  • Created discussion thread P900: Bird watching versus sports mode
    One of the many qualities of this camera is to provide matter for threads. I am not entirely happy with birtdwatching mode - for birding, of course. When using a DSLR for moving things, like a ...
  • I tried both settings along my first months  using P900. Can't say I could detect any clear diference. After reading your post, got my camera and checked the setting. It has been in Neutral por the ...
  • Just plain old P900, CMCM!
  • Created discussion thread greetings from a young one
    Unlike you, weird featherless bipods, our heads start going grey early in life!
  • Replied in Hi guys..
    Windy environment or low shutter speed = VR on + monopod. You see, unless one has a rock-steady tripod and no gusty wind, there will be some camera movement. Happy Xmas. Dum senesco, addisco.
  • A balsam to the eyes! Thank you for sharing.
  • Created discussion thread For P900 users
    Many, if not most of P900 users are wildlife lovers and consequently, wildlife photographers . This remarkable quote from Chris Marker fits us quite well. The picture is hunting. It is the hunting ...
  • Two great catches, yours and heron's!
  • My main interest in photography is wildlife, and most of it, birds. Also enjoy taking pics of dogs and cats. I have a P900 and also a Nikon D3200, this one bought (almost under gunpoint) from my ...
  • I see no IQ diference, whatever zoom amout is used. Good IS? Hard to find an objective answer, but hope the following data help. I am 70, and some unsteadiness already lurks, but many keepers I ...
  • Yes, they have. It is called semester.
  • Karen, I use a P900 since 2015 for wildlife photos, 90% birding, and the other 10% for mammals and reptiles. I also have an entry DSLR, Nikon D3200 + Nikkor 70-300mm, that I only use for that rare ...
  • 90%+ of my shots are of wildlife. P900 is my daylight camera. Nikon 3200 and 70-300mm plus flash with Better Beamer or suitable flashlights is my night camera. I really don't need anything else.
  • With one caveat: If ir rattles at a constant rhytm, go ahead. If it rattles unevenly, you may find setting problems (*) (*) Advice from a cardiologist that is also a bird photographer.
  • That was what made me learn some basic japanese.  Arigato, P900.
  • The shots I usualy ask from P900 probably are more prone to misses than those from  D3300 or G15. I seldom aim at birds with D3300 + Nikkor 70-300, but wnenever I do, voilá! same keeper index, or ...
  • I  enjoy wildlife photography, 80% of this activity is bird photos. A P900 is used 95% of times, and 5% a Nikon 3300+300mm Nikkor for birds in flight and very low light conditions.  A friend has a ...
Activity older than 12 months is not displayed.
Panet has not added any gear yet.
Total messages 229
Threads started 31
Last post 3 months ago
Total comments 0
Total likes 0
Total reviews 0
Entries 0
Votes cast 0
Photos uploaded 0