Bob from Plymouth
Lives in United Kingdom
Works as a Broadcast TV Engineer / Retired
Joined on Oct 1, 2010
Bob from Plymouth's current gear
Bought as a spare for my daughter's underwater Fisheye Fix S100 housing. A powerful tool which takes great photographs.
Too early for a definitive note: but so far I love this camera. It nails every shot.
Built like a tank, superb high ISO performance. When 12Mp is enough the D700 is unbeatable.
A great lens which I use the most. Certainly one of the best ever made.
A budget lens I bought to use at top speed events. Extremes of definition are little use when photographing bikes moving at over 200mph. This lens produces acceptable results and has earned its keep.
- GoPro Hero 2 I use this on my motorcycle for Land Speed Racing events. The ubiquitous GoPro, as used by TV production companies everywhere.
- Nikon SB-900 Speedlight As much as I'll ever need and works great as fill flash with a stofen omnibounce
- Tamron SP 90mm F/2.8 Macro 1:1 Bought in preference to the Micro Nikkor 60mm after advice from DP Review members. We shall see.
Have your say
What's been the most exciting announcement of Photokina?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
Total voters: 5,343
Most popular cameras
In-depth testingLatest Camera ReviewsBeyond the studio testsFeature Articles and VideosPIX VideosTalks, demos and panels711The Canon that canCanon EOS 80D Review372Touchscreen street shooterFujifilm X70 Review2164Upwardly mobileSony a6300 Review339Power ZoomPanasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 Review2501Retro through-and-throughFujifilm X-Pro2 ReviewKirkjufell mountainBehind the Shot: Shredded41Readers' ShowcaseNicolas Alexander Otto1141In-depth ReviewLeica Q558Ultra-compactSony Cyber-shot RX1R II review424Real-world testThe Sony a6000 goes surfing122Bag ReviewDomke Chronicle: A classic reinvented?48ArticleTo St. Helens and Back: Olympus TG-Tracker Shooting ExperienceReturn of the Super Rebel?Canon EOS Rebel T6s Review333Can we get much wider?Canon EF 11-24mm F4 L USM gallery2162Playing the Ace?Sony Alpha 7R II Review391You'll be impressedShootout: Tamron 15-30 F2.8 vs. Nikon 14-24 F2.81621OpinionThe myth of the upgrade path